Community post

Question

Q For Those Who Tried For 12+ Months

This is my 12th cycle trying for baby 1. My heart and gut tells me we won't be successful this month.

My question is should I do the fertility testing. I'm mentally and emotionally drained from this process already. Reading up on the testing, it's evasive, could take months to complete, and still no guarantee of pregnancy. Six months ago I was game for it, but I don't know if I can do this for several more months.

I'm turning 36 next month so I can't take a break to clear my head. Any advice/guidance is much appreciated.

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

You said you're turning 36 next month so you can't take a break. Is that because you have a personal time line to keep to or because of age or another reason? You don't have to answer. I only ask because, from personal experience taking a break even for a month can make a big difference. For me, I got so burnt out that we have stopped TTC altogether. I wonder if I took more time to stop, break, and think at times when I felt overwhelmed, if that would have made a difference.

As far as fertility testing -It took a long time to buckle down and make a call. Most places have a first appointment that is really just an overview of what they doctor can and can't do and some personal information. I figured it couldn't hurt to take the step to get more information so we could make a decision.

I totally feel your pain. I truly do. I hope the best for you on your TTC journey no matter what you choose.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo