Community post

Question

Help before I go crazy

I've recently separated from my partner of 13 years she is pregnant and from her scan it says she is 13 weeks and 6 days which indicates her last period start date was 10th July of which I cannot remember if we had sex before or after but it was around that time. She had sex with someone else on the 24th July hence the reason we split and it's driving me crazy as to if I'm the father or not as she has had two dates given a week apart one by the midwife saying 11 weeks 6 days and the scan saying 13 weeks 6 day. Please please please tell me if I can get excited or prepare myself as she is the love of my life and the mother of my 4 children already and this whole situation around splitting up and now a new baby which I've wanted for along time isnt going to break me down even further

11 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

Wow....thats a rough situation, I'm very sorry. Honestly given the dates of her lmp and the scan dates it could really be you or the other guy. On average a woman will ovulate some where between 10 to 16 days past her period start date and semen can stay alive for something like 3 to 5 days inside a woman and the egg only survives for around 24 hrs. Really there is no way to know for sure unless you can pin point and be certain of the last time you two were together. I'm sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, there just isnt a way to tell right now.

User image

5 years ago

Thank you for trying. And however much I try to tell myself my gut is right that I'm going to be a father as I'd suspected from the dates from the start I have a real worry I'm going to be devastated if I'm not. Then two souls that love each other will be empty and alone because of a mistake (cheating)that is regretted beyond belief but the outcomes can't be changed.

5 years ago • Post starter

The scan date will be more accurate for the age of the fetus
But with no accuracy regarding ovulation and implantation no one can tell you yet

I'm sorry xxx

5 years ago

Start date of her period was 10th July ovulation dates would be between the 18th and 24th July we had sex somewhere in the week around those dates but she met this person on the 24th and even with only a few hours window still could be possible. She has now decided to terminate as she doesn't want me driving myself crazy but only seems to have made me paranoid instead as she believed it to be this other persons until Friday she spent the weekend with me and our kids and now decided Monday too terminate after 13 weeks

If you love her, could you not accept her child regardless of if you are the biological father or not? It seems harsh to terminate at 13 weeks just because you don’t know who the father is. Seems selfish. Sorry that’s my opinion.

5 years ago

I'm already looking after a child she had previous which ive brought up since 6 months old and I see as my own so I can keep everything stable during this rocky period.and yes I do believe I could take this child on as my own if it turns out that way especially in time but I've not had any decision making in this at all just found out today that's what her plans are after spending the weekend with her

You seem like a very kind, forgiving man. I do hope your partner deserves you.

5 years ago

In my heart I know she is better than she has acted I just hope she has the same faith in herself and puts right all her wrongs x

This is all just my opinion.... the choice to terminate a pregnancy shouldnt be taken lightly, it will effect everything in your lives. And regret and resentment may play a strong part. If I were you I would urge her to reconsider and look at all of the options before jumping to something so drastic. Make sure she knows that you would be there for this baby regardless if it is yours or not. Maybe just having the knowledge will put her mind at ease. This is a really tough situation and you sound like you are up for the challenge of healing the relationship, I just really hope she can step up to the plate and fix the mistakes she has made before she makes and even bigger one. But this is just 1 womans opinion.

User image

5 years ago

I'll be making many things as clear as I can over the next few days but I do appreciate your comments and agree with almost everything you've said I'll also update as I know if I was looking in on this is want to know the final outcome

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo