Community post

Question

Implantation?

Ok so I had a one time spot of pink/red when wiping and nothing since. When using a pad there has been nothing on it. So I used a tampon the next day just to be safe. Since I am a teacher I didn’t want any accidents to happen in the middle of class. But there was only a little bit of a brownish discharge on the tampon. It has been like this since Tuesday. Nothing when I wipe or on a pad but then a weird brown discharge on a tampon. Help!!! Could this have been implantation?

*****GRAPHIC PHOTO!!!*****

user submitted image

User image

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Could be but it usually doesn't last for more than a couple of days. The other thing is if you are actually pregnant you can have cervical bleeding from having sex because the tissues are more tender. That's more common a little later though I think (first trimester but after 6-7 weeks).

5 years ago

It started Tuesday night so it has been about two days at this point. So being hopeful!!

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Lots of

5 years ago

I had a splash of red blood one day last month and I thought that I was getting AF early. However, it stopped very quickly so I took a pregnancy test. I was pregnant. I spotted basically every day for two weeks after my BFP with brown discharge that looked just like that. My midwife assured me that this can be completely normal.

Unfortunately I did lose my pregnancy at 6.5 weeks. However, this was due to low hcg levels that stopped doubling. Spotting in early pregnancy can be completely normal and can just be implantation bleeding that is coming out slowly or cervical irritation, esp if you're using tampons. Brown blood is supposedly much better than red because its not fresh.

If you think you could be pregnant then you may want to test and see. If it is a BFP then make a quick call to your provider. You will feel so much better.

Good luck!

5 years ago

Yeah it is weird. I will wipe and have a small amount of red so I think AF is starting and then the same brown discharge on a tampon and nothing else. I have had cramping on and off too. The last time I took a test is was negative but it wasn’t fmu. I am waiting till tomorrow morning to take another one.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo