Community post

Question

Help? Not sure if this is positive or evap line

I've been feeling quite odd lately. Took a test and it was negative (it later had an evap line) then I started to bleed a little earlier than my expected period and it was lighter. But we wrote it off as my period. Didnt think anything of it and two weeks past and I've been extremely nauseous the past couple days and dry heaving bad. So I thought I would take another one just to prove to myself that I just had a bug and that I wasn't pregnant. But then the test showed up like this. The last test had an evap line and when I put it up to light you couldn't see the plus sign. But on this one you can. Its blue. And you can see it when help up to light. It is as thick as the other line but not as dark. Not sure what to do.
It is more visible in person

user submitted image

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Here is another picture

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

I see the line and it doesn't look like an evap. The problem with blue line tests is that they can have more issues with the dye showing errors.

If you can, you may want to consider testing with a pink line test. There are less issues with pink dye. I think the dollar store uses pink dye if you don't want to shell out too much on another test.

My experience if it helps you: I took a FRER when my hcg was only 5 and it showed a visible line albeit very faint. I took a clearblue, which it looks like you used as well, when my hcg was 46 (based on blood test the same day) and I had a very faint almost not sure if it were real line, just like yours. Clearly it was an issue with the dye in that test because a second clearblue showed me a line.

I wish you luck.

5 years ago

Doctor did a urine test and it was negative. But she also did a blood test and I'll know those results soon. I felt quite sad leaving the doctors today. She talked about it possibly being a chemical pregnancy but also said I could still be pregnant. There is something wrong with me so hopefully we get it figured out. Thanks for your comment!

I had one of those last cycle and 100% wasn’t preggo ): I would try testing again with FRER in two days just to see. Good luck!!!!!

DD 7/2013 DS 10/2014 NTNP #3 (but mama is hopeful)

5 years ago

But did you feel pregnant? I feel so nauseous and have no other explanation for it

Did you get the results of your other test? The blood test.

5 years ago • Edited

Came back as negative

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I wish you luck for next month. Try to be positive if you can.

I lost my pregnancy this week. I'm not sure when or if I am going to try again. I keep telling myself to be positive too.

5 years ago

Awh thank you, I wasn't necessarily trying. Plus the guy did not want a baby. So it may have been for the better. Awh I am so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you will decide the best thing to do! I hope it all works out for you!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo