Community post

Question

AF due today BFN

Hi ladies!
So today AF is due (13 dpo), and the test is of course a slap in the face BFN. Booo!
I checked my cervix this morning - really high, firm (kind of pointing to the back) and lotion cm - not much but not dry either. There has been 0 sign that AF would show her face today, exept a little cramping in lower back this morning. I kind of lost hope in a pg this month. My period is usually regular. 29 days at the most.

Has anyone ever gotten a BFP after AF is due?

BFP’s and babydust to all!

13 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Answers | Last Page

I had a blood test on 14 dpo (AF was due at 12 dpo, because I have shorter luteal phase) and my hcg level was only 24. The next day I was paranoid about my low levels and tried a clearblue home test. It was negative and I was crushed. However my blood test the following day showed my levels at 46!

Urine dilutes the hcg and if you ovulate late/have low levels of hcg, it could be a false negative. I'm still in a gray area to see if my levels will keep climbing and this will be my or . I have to wait till next week to know more.

to you!

5 years ago

Hi LadyMae!!
Lucky you, and congratulations on your I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I have a shorter LP too, but I’m from Denmark and my doctor refuses to do a bloodtest because it’s too expensive so unfortunately that’s not an option for me.

Did you have any symptoms?
Today my pubicbone ached for a few minutes. I’m not feeling like AF is on her way at all I’m just a bit bloated and gassy. I’m also having small pinching/stabbing feeling in or near uterus/ovarie, and twinges. My mood is unreliable and I have been doing crying spells and outbreaks of rage last couple of weeks - poor DH

Also my skin has been breaking out like CRAZY with like, big red and really really sore pimples! It’s disgusting and I’m headious to look at. This is not normal at all!

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Thank you! I really hope this little one sticks! The waiting is so hard!

That's a shame about the blood test.

Sorry if this is TMI:

The first thing that I noticed was a few days after I ovulated my cm became lotiony. Instead of drying up for AF, it just persisted for over a week, which is unusual for me. I also noticed that my breasts were getting a bit sore, just slightly, but this is also unusual for me on a typical cycle too.

I had/have bad acne and greasy skin, plus my hair became a weird texture that I didn't like, very dry and stiff, but also greasy at the same time?!? The only time I remembered this happening was when I was pregnant before. I remember being so happy that I wanted to take pictures, but didn't like my appearance.

As the pregnancy has continued, the CM is now abundant and clear/wet. My breasts are more sore and getting a bit fuller. The acne and hair is sadly the same.

I've also been having uncomfortable stretching feelings and soreness that's not really cramps, but worrisome. I believe this is normal though because things are growing in there and changing so fast!

Best of luck. Hopefully you get your answer soon. HCG doubles around every 48 hours, so there is still hope those HPTS will give you your BFP!

5 years ago

This gave me hope - thank you!
I think I’m going to wait till monday to test again. I really hope I will get a BFP

Today is CD 30 for me, and AF could arrive today. Before my MC in May my cycle were between 29-31 days, but after the MC it’s been shorter and is now only 26-29 days.

Iv’e been POAS from a brand I’m not familliar with so maybe it needs more HCG than others? I’m actually quite sure I got a BFP on a blue dye test last weekend, but they are so expensive so I’m not going to buy them too often

We’ll see!
And again, congrats on your pregancy!

5 years ago • Post starter

This is the test I did last weekend.

user submitted image

I can totally see a shadow of blue on that other test. I'll be thinking of you.

I hope it's good news on Monday!

5 years ago

Any news?

5 years ago

user submitted image

Oh I am so happy for you!!

5 years ago

Thank you so much!!
How are thing going with you??

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo