Community post

Discussion

Feeling discouraged

AF is 7 days late. I am very regular with cycles being 27/28 days, this is the first late period I have had in my entire life. Took a digital hpt Monday because of missing AF and nausea to the point of heaving; to my and my husband’s excitement, it was positive. Tuesday I took the other digital hpt I had and it was negative. Totally confused and freaked out, I called the doctor and they requested I come in for a blood confirmation. Well blood hcg result was less than 1, aka was never even pregnant. I’m totally disappointed and still wondering where AF could be. To be fair, we haven’t been on this journey long, but still not sure where to even go from here since AF doesn’t appear to be making a visit anytime soon.

6 Replies • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

That sounds so strange! When was the blood test? Have you taken another HPT since? Blood test errors are rare but they happen. I’m sorry you are going through this stressful experience. Hope you get answers soon.

5 years ago

Thank you. Blood test was done Wednesday (9/26). Haven’t taken another hpt cause I’m so tired of seeing negatives.

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

I understand! I’ve seen my share of BFN (just another one today actually) and know how depressing they can be.

5 years ago

AF made her appearance this morning. Never had a 36 day cycle (at least that I can remember), hope this doesn’t become the new norm.

5 years ago • Post starter

it may have been a chemical which would explain the delay in AF but it sounds like most people go back to their normal cycles pretty fast. Had a CP last cycle and I’m pretty sure O was on CD 14 this cycle (like it usually is). Hope your next O comes when it is supposed to. for a July 2019 baby!

5 years ago

I'm glad you got some sort of resolution to this. I'm sorry that it wasn't the outcome you wanted. I am currently still waiting for AF to arrive. I have 3 days or so left, but just wanted to share my off cycle story. I had a weird cycle shortly after I turned 30. It was the first I had ever had, even when I was on the mirena IUD. I took test after test and nothing ever came back positive so I called the doctor. They confirmed not pregnant and I was already almost 2 weeks late and they did a pap test while I was there. It came back with abnormal cells. So they then waited for my period to come and they wanted a biopsy done but wanted to wait until after. They said to call within so many weeks or whatever if AF still hasn't come. It was getting close to that cutoff time and it finally came! 48 day cycle finally came to an end! It was awful! The worst AF I had ever had. They then did a biopsy and it came back I had HPV strain that causes cancer and i had lesions on my cervix. I had a LEEP procedure done and after my 1 year check up everything came back normal! Doc said the reason i was so late could have been that i hadnt ovulated that month. I think it was my body trying to tell me i was on the verge of having cervical cancer but I guess we will never know! All in all it was a horrible experience from start to finish. My anxiety and depression were through the roof and I had just lost my father a few months prior so that made everything even worse. I was symptom spotting like mad thinking I might just be one of those women who just get positives later than normal. I was seeing lines on tests that were not there. Now that everything is good I'm back ttc and I haven't had any issues with my periods since having my LEEP procedure done. If I didn't have that missed period I would have never found out about the lesions and I would probably have cervical cancer by now bc I wasn't an avid doc visitor like I should have been. Now I will make sure to follow up when I'm supposed to! Good luck to you on your journey! I hope you get your BFP this cycle!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo