Community post

Journal

TTC #1 :)

Hello all! Just thought I’d come and say hello on here and share a bit of our journey with you.
We first decided I should come off the pill in 2012, after two years of trying we visited the doctors where they said to give it another year and then we would be tested.
Another year passed, and we finally had our answers. We both had blood tests, and hubby had a sperm analysis to eliminate anything from there too.
When the results came back, our world was shook. It was found that my husband could never conceive children of his own, due to a chromosome y deletion, meaning he doesn’t produce any sperm. Of course, this was heart breaking for the both of us.
After consideration and discussions between the both of us, my husband and I felt it would only be right to experience pregnancy first hand. That’s when we started looking for a donor. We met one and he was incredibly kind and generous, we had planned for this months donation months in advance. On the morning of the donation, he messaged to check if all was well.. and that was the last we heard off him, and we haven’t heard a dicky bird since.

We only accept Artificial insemination donations from donors with proof of good sexual and overall health. We were very lucky this month as we thought we had missed ovulation (as I never have positive OPKs but I always get cramps at 12dpo) BUT this month was different, I was having cramps at 14dpo and thought hell why don’t I just test, and it came positive. From my reaction you’d swear I was pregnant on that test. I was so happy to finally get a positive OPK.

THIS MONTH was the first time for me to EVER have a positive OPK, and we received a donation at 4.15pm the next day.

So I am currently 1dpo! And now the TWW begins :)

Baby dust to us all xxx

Mam to 1 little girl, TTC for #2

6 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Yasss girl I hope all goes well... TWW buddy here with you

5 years ago

Baby dust to us both :) xx

5 years ago • Post starter

How are you feeling?

5 years ago

Nervous/excited!! I keep having little symptoms but I don’t want to think about them too much! I’ve had light cramps since lunchtime today, and I’ve had sensitiveand sore boobs from about 2dpo. I’m only on 5dpo at the mo tho :( how are u? Xx

5 years ago • Post starter

That's great! I hope the rest of your tww goes fast!

5 years ago

* update.
We now have a happy 2 and a half year old little girl, and TTC #2

2 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo