Community post

Question

Prenatals?

Hey ladies I just started taking a Prenatal with Folic Acid. As suggested from ladies from here thank you for the help!

I am feeling very nauseous today can Prenatals cause this? I’ve never taken them before but I am also 7DPO as well but haven’t really felt to much nausea up till today. A little here and there but nothing major... That’s why I thought the Vitamin could have caused this too.
Thanks ladies!

12 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Answers | Last Page

I always have to take vitamins at night before bed, if I take them when I'm going to be awake I will definitely get sick at some point. They are a little rough on the stomach

5 years ago

Ok good to know thank you !!!!

5 years ago • Post starter

It's usually the iron that makes u nauseous. U can cut them in half and take half in the am and half with lunch or dinner. Or just do the whole thing at bedtime.

5 years ago

Yeah that might be a better idea.
Thank you

I used to take them in the morning before a meal the first few months of pregnancy but started to feel sick. So, I take it when I am half way done my breakfast and had no problem since.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Ok great I’m going to try that thank you

The iron in them cause the tummy upset... or could be the surge of progesterone after ovulation or possible hcg starting since you are 7dpo if you are super sensitiveto hormones.. but anyways, i have to use the 1 a day capsules so they don't upset my stomach during the day. Any of the tablets or chewables always upset my stomach. I used gummy prenatals during my 3rd pregnancy and didnt have stomach upset with them.

5 years ago

Yes prenatal vitamins make me nauseous too. I had to try several different types before I found one that doesn't make me sick. I now use one that is made from whole food (look into the benefits of taking folate instead of folic acid which for some people can do more harm than good)

5 years ago

When i get pregnant i cant take them or ill be extremely sick to the point of gettin dehydrated from not bein able to keep water down

5 years ago

Therefore doc recommended any vitamin that had folic acid n it with lower doses of iron or none n it at all as far as iron goes but r iron levels if u do this

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo