Community post

Question

Confused can someone help??

I had a positive opk 10days ago and I’m not 10dpo and iv had more dark opk to the point tonight’s is a strong positive y would this b happening now? 8 days till af if anyone can help I’d be greatful thanks

Trying for our after losing our little girl in 2016

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Are you cycles regular? Are you sure you ovulated? How many dpo are you? If you had a positive opk 10 days ago you could be 8 dpo which means it wouldn't be impossible for the opk test to be detecting hCG instead of LH (I've read that opk test can detect hCG too). Have you taken a pregnancy test?

5 years ago

I’m between 8/10 dpo. Yes I had a positive opk 10days ago that’s what’s got me all confused The opk has gone from faint to positive from just this morning I have taken a pregnancy test and it came up negative but tht was with cheap internet test not sure if that would make a difference. Xx

5 years ago • Post starter

Sounds like standard opk can detect lower level of hCG than HPT (i've read 5 miu for opk and a standard HPT will usually detect only 25 mui) so since it is still very early, I'd say it's not impossible the opk test is picking up on it and not the HPT.
Curious to hear if you do get a BFP in a few days!

5 years ago • Edited

Thanks so much really hoping it’s been a long hard road would be amazing just looks like it’s the waiting game now the joys of the 2ww x x

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

5 years ago

Thanks will let you no the outcome

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo