Community post

Question

HCG level?

Good Morning, ladies!This is my first round of IVF and it was successful (so far!) My beta at 3w6d (last Thursday) was 96.97 and yesterday at 4w3d was 238. I was under the impression it was supposed to double every 48 hours?

Any experience in longer doubling times and success? This is my first BFP ever, been TTC 2 1/2 years. Any insight is greatly appreciated! :) Thank you!!

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

anyone?

5 years ago • Post starter

First off congrats!!! As for advice I sadly have very little to give. The American pregnancy association says that in most normal healthy pregnancies your HCG should double every 48 to 72hrs. Now that being said I dont know if IVF works any differently. Did they seem concerned about your numbers?

User image

5 years ago

They say they roughly double every 48 hours, it will never be exact, those levels are good for how far along you are. Also they have risen since 1st test which is what they need to see. Congratulations, I'm sure that you are over the moon after trying for so long! Yay! Look after yourself mama and wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months x

5 years ago

Thanks, y'all!! I go tomorrow more another blood draw- so all I am really looking for is that it is increasing? Does it matter if it is in fact doubling etc?

5 years ago • Post starter

Yeah they really should double or more. Now that is for an average pregnancy. There are plenty of woman who had slow rising HCGs and went on to have happy and healthy babies. So I wouldn't stress it!

User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo