Community post

Journal

Déjà vu...

Sometimes I don't know why I hope this time will be different than the last one. Got a faint positive a few days ago and tried to keep my hopes up even though it didn't progress after 3 days. But now that I'm 13 dpo and it's still nothing more than a hint of a line I'm giving up. My spottings arrived too, punctual as always. We've been trying since januari 2017 now and it's getting to me. I know that when we finally get our bfp the journey is gonna be worth it. But it still sucks right now!

Thinking of trying maca this month, since I've read so much positive about it. I'm feeling a bit desperate and willing to try something different.

User image

7 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

1 - 7 of 7 Comments

Hey girl. I was in your shoes. We started trying to conceive since April 2017 and nothing even worked. I started reading up on progesterone cream around October and November because I too was spotting before my periods and getting faint positives. I procrastinated on trying as I kept hoping that next month would be different but it wasn't. I also bought Maca capsules to see if that will help. I then went on Amazon and bought Emerita pro-gesterone cream and waited for January's cycle to start. I didn't even go get my levels checked as I just wanted to see what would happen and just gave it a chance. Waited till we got the peak to BD and right after ovulaton I started the cream 2x a day. Got my faint positive at 8dpo and lines got darker everyday (all tests posted in my gallery). With starting the cream, you have to still continue taking it months down the road. If your period shows then stop taking it till next cycle. I stopped taking the cream at around week 30 as I just wanted to be sure. I am now due to give birth next month but the way things are going it could be anytime as his head is so low. I hope this helps and just give the cream a try; never know. If I didn't try it in November and December; baby would be born close to our birthdays (Aug-hubby's) and (Sept-mine).

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Hey DiviniumLiv- have been in your shoes as you know through these forums. If this cycle didn’t work I was going to try progesterone cream as well, Bc I would spot 1-2 days before AF. But Maca Root also does the same and help with ewcm during fertile days. The 1st month on maca I didn’t spot, libido was high, ovulated on time, BBT was great after ovulation. The 2nd month (month I conceived) same thing but I ovulated earlier!! Was great! Boobs hurt right after O day and again temps looks great and by 9dpo they jumped higher. That’s my story!

You do have to give your body time I read to get use to them. It says give it 3 months. Worked 2 months for me. I did have DH taking them as well. As it helps the sperm become more aggressive you can say and stronger. Plus his libido went up too. We both took 1000mg a day. Once I ovulate i would go down to 500mg. I got mine from Amazon then second bottle at supermarket in vitamin section. Best of luck to you and I hope you get your BFP soon. I can tell you as well Maca Root didn’t let me stress over the TWW. It really helped my mood and hormones.

5 years ago • Edited

@dragonfly23 - I have tried a progesterone cream several times, and it doesn't make any difference for me. It doesn't even make my spottings go away. But an acquaintance of mine are sending some progesterone capsules/tablets for me to try instead.

@Beaut1ful38 - I was thinking of making DH taking maca as well, but only help the little swimmers. I don't need his libido to go up, otherwise I wouldn't get anything else done.

The question with maca is if the capsuels are best, or if the powder works just as well.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

It depends on what you prefer. Maca powder can be taken in a juice or, smoothie before you eat that’s if you can stand the taste as it is strong.
Myself and DH like the vegetable capsule as we took our vitamins and maca root capsules every morning before we left to work or before you eat. It was easier for us that way
Best of luck!

5 years ago

Im sorry. Completely relate. Also ttc since jan 2017. 2 chemicals and weds just gone had to have a d&c made it to 14 weeks then no heartbeat. I'm devastated but definitely going to keep ttc. The nurse asked me have I tried pressed and diva cup. I'd never heard of this before but after reading up (a lot) there are many success stories. Lube up with preseed 15 mins before you do the bd, insert diva cup/softcup afterwards (keeping his little swimmers inside) and bring yourself to orgasm (with cup inside) you can leave in for 12 hours (ideally overnight) all his swimmers stay alive then and the cup holds them closer to cervix too. I've ordered all I need online and will be trying this method as soon as I'm allowed to ttc again. Will definitely post about it if it works. Really hope you get your bfp soon. We poor women what we have to go through! Xx

5 years ago

@Beat1ful38 - I ended up ordering the powder, so we'll se how it tastes. Hopefully not to bad.

@Tsys123 - sorry for your loss. I would be devastated too if I made it too 14 weeks and then it stopped. I've never made it past 5 weeks, at the most 4 days past af. I stopped counting after the 10th time I got faint positives that turned negative. I really hope we both get our bfp soon.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

DiviniumLiv - I hope that we get our much wanted and deserved BFP's soon too

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo