Community post

Journal

Waiting on first pp AF

My LO is 11 months old! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. I go back to work mid-October and am fully dreading not spending the days with my little man. I’m very lucky that work is being flexible and am only going to go back part time to begin with - ease into it. I still haven’t got a period, but I’m still mostly breastfeeding. My son is a bit boob crazy. We’ve been trying to get him onto at least some formula for months and only recently started taking one bottle of it around dinner time. He just got teeth #3, 4 & 5 in the past 2 weeks (that was fun) and has now decided biting is fun *insert eye roll* so he’s going to be getting weaned cold turkey if he doesn’t smarten up soon. He’s still a pretty crappy night time sleeper and is up every 2-4 hours through the night, but he naps like a champ so that has been nice. His frequent wake ups have definitely dampened the bd mood a few times lol. We’d really like one more LO but we both agree we don’t want to go the fertility help route again, so we’re leaving it up to chance. Although once AF arrives I’m sure I’ll become an obsessive tracker again since that’s just who I am haha. I’ve already pulled out my BBT thermometer again, not that it’s any good with my lousy sleep pattern. I’ve had the giant packs of opks in my amazon cart more times than I can count and have my coq10 and epo all ready to go once we’re fully weaned and af decides to show for the first time.

8 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by hugs)

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

I bf my dd and i didnt get my 1st af til 14m pp, which was a month after i quit breastfeeding.

5 years ago

It just depends...if you pump, the women i know get their cycle back way quicker. My first three were 14 months and my last one was 9/10 months PP. I’m one of the weird ones who would rather have my cycle back early as it helps in the intimacy department ????. Either way good luck on your next ttc journey

5 years ago

Glad to see you back on the crazy train!

Mill

5 years ago

Doing well! We are teething, so its definitely been crazy!

Mill

5 years ago

Almost same journey. Ttc #2. Baby is nl9 months. Not looking forward to weaning him off but we will see.

5 years ago

Thanks Ladies!

Angela - I was pumping as well up until about 3 months ago - I HATED PUMPING. I did pump quite a bit at the beginning to help bring in my milk, then build a stash that went so well I was able to donate some milk to the local organization, which was nice as my LO needed donor milk when in hospital and being able to “give back” felt good. And I really hope AF helps in the intimacy dept some too! I haven’t had a ton of interest since babe, then a partial prolapse that made everything HURT but that’s much better now *fingers crossed*

Millbarnet - thank you! Haha it really is a crazy ride! How are you and your little one??

5 years ago • Post starter

Well apparently I just needed to write about it - AF arrived early this morning. Now I just have to figure out how to use this new site

5 years ago • Post starter

Haha, I know it helps me, well ovulation does, in the intimacy department! My first cycle after AF was real crazy Andy my luteal phase was 7 days. It took a couple of cycles to get more normalized. In fact I was surprised I didn’t MC this pregnancy because my cycles weren’t consistent or anything yet.
BTW, if you have any tips or websites that you used, can you please PM about the prolapse thing. I’d love any help with that. I live somewhere that sucks medically (among other ways) & until we move I’m lacking help with these things.
ttc again

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo