Community post

Success story

Big Fat Positive - My Story

So here’s my story. I have been secretly on these forums for months on end following endless conversations between other mummies and so I wanted to share my story. I have a two and a half year old with whom I fell pregnant immediately on my honeymoon. We decided this year that the time was right for us to try for a second child. We did everything by the book. Used ovulation prediction kits, backed up by checking temperatures etc and we tried so hard every month to conceive but to no avail. I reached a point where I felt I needed to stop because it was emotionally draining every months having hopes dashed and so decided to knock on the head the continued trying to conceive. So this month whilst having a few glasses of wine one Saturday night, we had sex and not for any reasons of trying to conceive but just because we wanted to. It seemed so different as well doing it without doing it for the sole purpose of a baby. The date that we did it was CD10 and I have a thirty day cycle so although fertility days seems to be mid cycle, this seemed to be really at the early side. I mean my period has just gone by two days. Anyway, I felt like I had really sore boobs this month but thought absolutely nothing of it whatsoever other than my period must be coming. I had one leftover Clearblue test in my bathroom from the last time when my period came so I didn’t use it. I don’t know why but I just took a notion that I would use it. I didn’t use it because I thought I was pregnant, I just thought it’s there and I’ll just it even though my period is clearly on the way. Anyway low and behold, I took it, lifted it and there was the strongest positive on the stick. I am so overcome that I can’t even believe it’s happening. I had an awful birth last time and the main reason I wanted another child was for my daughter because she’s going to be the best big sister in the world. I know I am not too far out at sea and it’s very early days as I’m now four and a half weeks pregnant but I’m praying to God for a healthy pregnancy. A lot of the advice on the forums that I read suggested to calm down and throw away the ovulation kits and just relax a bit and due to being so emotionally drained, that’s exactly what I did. I changed my diet and I ate and drank so well for the last eight months. I didn’t drink any alcohol. I exercised loads and none of it happened. I still can’t comprehend what has happened because it was the total opposite of what we had been doing, it was early on in the month, I had no incline of anything so for the people who advised to throw away the kits and just relax and be normal and do it because you want to and not in a regimented baby making way, I’m holding on to the thought that that advice that I read over and over has blessed me with my pregnancy. I just wanted to share my story and hopefully it will bring someone else some comfort or it will be beneficial advice or even just give someone reading it some hope. I cannot believe it at all after eight solid months of trying and failing and the one month of not trying and the one month of doing it on CD10 and that was the only time that month, I am pregnant. Much love, luck, blessings and baby dust to everyone. xx ????

1 Comment • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Wow that's so amazing!! I wish you the very best and a very big and

User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo