Community post

Information

8DPO. BFN. depressed!

Today is 8DPO for me. I know the chances of getting a BFP are slim, but I insisted on testing anyway. I've seen so many success stories of people getting BFP at 7DPO or even 6DPO, I thought I'd be one of the lucky few. I keep staring at the results, waiting for the second like to appear, but NO. I'm so so depressed! Not sure if i should continue testing until AF comes or, wait until AF comes to feel even more depressed.

User image

4 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Ok scratch that info from earlier. I have done some research! Lol...Ok women who get earlier bfp tend to have higher hcg levels prior to implanting like the 5 max in a non-pregnant woman. Which means if they already have 5 hcg their levels will be 4 points higher then the women who started at a 1. Also they may have ovulated earlier in their cycle and or implanted earlier. Hope this info helps a little.

User image

5 years ago • Edited

I didn't get a BFP until 10 DPO, the minority of women get BFP on days as early as 8DPO. There is no reason to be depressed yet.

5 years ago

Don’t stress yourself out. I didn’t get one till 10dpo. In my gallery if you want to look maybe couldn’t have got one at 8dpo but willl never know as I know I implanted on 7dpo. Every women body is different. Give it a few more days.

5 years ago

The whole process is hard so I understand feeling depressed. Even if you get pregnant this cycle, you may not even have implanted on 8 dpo. Average implantation is on 9 dpo and could be as late as 12! Also, with what I went through this cycle, my advice would be to wait until later to test. I got 4 faint bfp at 10 and 11 dpo and then yesterday at 12 dpo I got a BFN (on FRER) so it was either a chemical pregnancy or just the way tests are (aka don't get excited unless there is no doubt you see that second line clearly!). After going through that and getting excited only to feel even more heart-boken the next day, I'm personally done trying to see a very faint line at 9-10 or 11 dpo. I think next time, I'll wait for a missed period to test. to you

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo