Community post

Question

Bleeding but lines are getting darker

I have no idea what is going on. I started spotting on Sunday night and then had light bleeding all day yesterday. Now I am for real bleeding right now. Have small clots when I go to the bathroom. Basically a light-medium flow period. But I took a test again this morning and it is still dark. What does that mean? I thought if I started bleeding that means my hcg would be going down and the lines would get lighter fast. Could it still be a chemical but the hcg is just lowering slowly?

user submitted image

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Unfortunately, situations like this are very much wait n see. It's hard to say at this point becuz bleeding can be a sign of a loss or something entirely different. Some women have a bleed right around the time af is due, others have bleeding from a subchorionic hematoma or hemorrhage, others have it from a lack of hormones to support the pregnancy (which could end in a loss). An ultrasound and bloodwork would be the best way to get an answer, but until then, u could just stick with tests, stay hydrated and rest when u can. I wouldn't consider this a loss just yet.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo