Community post

Question

Delayed period after saline scan

Hi all, I have been ttc for 19 months now with unexplained infertility so I went for a saline solution scan on day 9 of this cycle (which was hideous pain!) but they said everything was normal and my tubes were open. I am now 4 days late with brown spotting and cramps that are slightly different to period cramps, took a test this morning that was BFN. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a delayed period after the scan, or if anyone has been through this before and ended up with a BFP? Thanks a million :)

Hoping for our little baby number 1 soon

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I had a HSG & SSG done in 2013 and that entire cycle was messed up. The tests were done on cd10 and during that time, I failed to O twice before finally releasing an egg 12 days late (from my norm). I had the O pains, ewcm and pos opk's, each time, but temps never rose to confirm. Seeing as af follows ovulation, that made my period 12 days "late". If u don't track to confirm O, it's very much possible that ur ovulation date was thrown off, which would cause af to be "late" and extend overall cycle length (from ur norm). I didn't get a BFP til 6 months later, but, I've seen many end up pregnant almost immediately after that test...so that can vary bigtime.

Good luck with everything. =))

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo