Community post

Question

TTC - Back to Back Losses

I have 3 kids, 7, 4 and 2 and we have been TTC again since January 2017. We finally got pregnant in January of this year 2018 and I found out on 02/12/18 but that pregnancy ended on 02/28 b/c of an ectopic pregnancy. I had surgery to remove the ectopic and also lost my right tube b/c of it somewhat rupturing prior to surgery. We found out last Monday 07/09 that we were pregnant again only to wake up this past Saturday 07/14 to me bleeding and cramping really bad, I was told to go to the ER by my doctor and found out I was miscarrying. I went today for blood work (HCG levels) and I go back again on Wednesday for more blood work and I have to go again on Thursday to see my doctor. I think mentally/physically I'm exhausted from this and I need to heal! Has anyone had multiple losses and actually had a successful pregnancy afterwards?

Jen R

7 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I'm truely sorry to hear of all the losses. Have you had your progesterone levels checked? After the birth of my daughter in 2016 my levels were all messed up with not having the baby stick month after month and all signs leading to it being low, I figured I'd try progesterone cream and got pregnant the first month using it. Baby boy due in October.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

on your sweet baby boy. Oh wow, I never actually thought about that. I go to see my OB on Thursday so I'm going to ask him about that. Thank you so much for your reply.

Jen R

5 years ago • Post starter

Your so welcome and thank you. I never even went to my doctor to ask him about it. I just tried it on a whim.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

I had three back to back losses before i had my rainbow baby. They never knew what happened with them. My hormones were good, and baby looked really good until they just stopped growing. I had three healthy kids before so they were baffled. Said i probably just had old eggs. I refused to give up and then had my rainbow. She was perfectly fine and pregnancy was great. So don't give up hope! Definitely do take time to heal though.

5 years ago

Oh wow, and that was my thing too. My 3 babies were perfectly fine and I had no losses previous to them. The ectopic pregnancy was caused by scar tissue in my right tube from my 3 csections, however I have never once had a miscarriage and now I just suffered from one this weekend. Thank you so much for the response senyeart4 and for the hope that it is possible. May I ask, how long after your last loss did you get pregnant with your little girl?

Jen R

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

It was about 9 months after my last loss, a blighted ovum at 9 weeks. We tried relentlessly those first 8 months with nothing. Our son actually got diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder that 9th month and we decided to just focus on getting him better. Three weeks later we got a huge surprise! It was a terrifying 9 months full of anxiety that we would lose her, but she fought all the odds and made it to us. There truly is hope!

5 years ago

I’m sorry about your son, but that is awesome that you were able to conceive your daughter and when you last expected. Thank you so much for your input/advice and sharing your story.

Jen R

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo