Community post

Question

Calling All Clomid Ladies!

Started Clomid CD 5-9 50mg/day (July 4-8), taking metformin (500mgx2/day) since November 2017, history of amenorrhea and presumed anovulatory cycles.

Okay. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be feeling while on Clomid; since I have never ovulated, I don't know what to expect. Today is CD 15, and for the past day or so I"ve had some pinching on either side, around my ovaries. Today, I've had some sharp pains near my left ovary, a few at a time, every now and then. It's not debilitating but it's definitely there.
I have never had a positive OPK, and my obgyn seemed pretty dismissive when I asked her about them. I do temp, and have noticed an upwards trend the past couple days. Is BBT more reliable than OPK?
I'm going to DTD every other day or as often as we can regardless. . . . But if there is a chance i'm actually ovulating, this lady is going to jump for joy. That's a huge hurdle to be over.
Those of you who have taken this before. . . do you have any advice? tips? answers you wish you had been given while taking this medicine?

15 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Answers | Last Page

I can't answer any questions about clomid, but i can say that bbt is an excellent way to confirm ovulation, just not a way to predict ovulation. So you will be able to see if you have ovulated but not until 3 days later. If opks don't work for you, dtd as often as you can until ovulation is confirmed is your best bet.

5 years ago

I thought that I had confirmed ovulation- My bbt went from 96.47 to 97.00 (F) in two days, but this morning it has dropped back down to 96.86. I use a lite version of a period tracker i've had for years, and it didn't give me crosshairs; however, clomid made my temps rise so maybe the higher temperatures earlier on are throwing off my chart. We are still going to DTD regardless, but looking at my chart, I think I'm out for the month- regardless of the sharp pains, I would think if i had ovulated, it would be fairly clear on it.

5 years ago • Post starter

I think i saw someone post something about how clomid rose their temps before o so. Is this your first month temping? Have you ever used fertility friend to chart temps? Ff is so much better at spotting ovulation.

5 years ago

I did temp towards the end of last month but my temperatures were relatively the same each day, since my hormones didn't seem to fluctuate a great deal. Provera made them a little higher. . . .I'm going to attach my chart from the app I use- i disregarded the higher Clomid temperatures and it makes it look a little less complicated.

user submitted image

Also- I manually added the crosshairs to where I THINK I may have ovulated. I'm probably doing this all wrong- It's definitely less straightforward than I thought it would be.

That honestly doesn't look wrong to me. It may be cd 14 but you put the coverline just right.

5 years ago

I would keep using the opk's. From the sounds of it, it does sound like ur on ur way to O. I would have lots of "activity" in my ovaries, that would calm down for a day or so, then they'd become active again. On O day, I'd have a sharp steady pain in one ovary, then after an hour or so that would stop and I'd slowly start to bloat to the point where I couldn't sit flat on butt. Temps would rise the next morning and all fertile signs gone completely.

Ur still fairly early after ur dosing, so I would def keep testing. It may happen fast for u if ur new to Clomid, so keep up with bd'ing as well. As for temps, don't discard temps unless the time is off, they're going to sit higher when medicating, and it will also be reflected after O. U may not have a clear view of O if ur altering ur chart to what u want to see.

How's ur cm?

5 years ago

I hadn't been using the OPK's because my doctor said that women with PCOS rarely get a good line even if they did ovulate. I still have been using them along with BBT but I haven't seen any change- each one has a faint test line. I took them out to make the chart look a little clearer, and elsewhere I was told that they didn't really reflect post-ovulatory temps, just how your body reacted to the medicine..

This is so confusing!

on CD 12, I started having the cramping on both sides, which progressed into one big pinch when I was at work on Friday (CD 14). We did BD that day, and then since then I've had the little pains in my left ovary. . . So you think there is a chance that I haven't ovulated yet, and I'm still gearing up to?

I just realized I didn't answer your question- the Clomid made me dry up considerably for a few days but I had EWCM on Friday. It wasn't very much but enough for me to know what it was. Since then I have had a good amount of clear cm, sometimes creamy but mostly the run-of-the-mill slippery cm.

I'm not saying u didn't O, but I wouldn't rule out that u didn't. Ur temps, with and without the discarded Clomid days, don't scream ovulation. Typically temps after O will rise higher than they would on unmedicated cycles becuz hormones (should) run higher. Clomid is used to develop a stronger ovulation/induction of O, thus producing higher levels of progesterone (which shows as higher temps on a chart). If ur still having little pains in ur ovary and slippery cm, I would definitely keep bd'ing. Keep bd'ing until all fertility signs are gone and ur chart confirms. If u generally don't ovulate, u may still be struggling to do so. Ur temps seem very low for a medicated ovulation. Just my 2 cents tho.

Clomid is terrible for cm, if this cycle doesn't work out, grab some pre-seed for next time. It helps quite a bit.

5 years ago • Edited

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo