Community post

Question

Help with bbt chart

I’m fairly new to bbt but not ttc. Had an emergency c section last July due to a placental abruption and my angel baby made it 3 days before God called him home. We’re trying again and it’s been approximately 6 months with no luck. I bought an AVA band in March and I have a slow rise bbt. I don’t really know how to read my charts and my predicted ovulation date is constantly changing. This time by two days. Can someone please help me. Break it down easy. I attached a fertility friend graph because it’s easier to see there I think. Thank you ????

user submitted image

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

First off, your chart looks good. Clear ovulation on cd 16. Other than that i can't tell you much since you didn't enter any opk data if you did them. A bbt chart wont tell you why o day is changing, just that it did. It is normal not to o on the same day every month, so nothing to worry about.

5 years ago

Thanks for your insight! I don’t do OPKs. Kind of thought it would be a mute point since you ovulate in a window after the positive OPK. Just tracking temps currently, would OPKs help pinpoint? How can you tell it was CD 16 for the O day? Since there isn’t a drastic shift in temp is there some formula lol? There was a dip at CD 10 then the rise but the O was pinpointed at 16, just kind of confusing. Thanks again!!

5 years ago • Post starter

Well, without using the opks in combination with the bbt, ff is kind of guessing hence the dotted line insted of a solid red Cross hair. Using opks and cervical mucus will help ff more precisely pinpoint ovulation. Imo ovulation could have been the day before or after as well, but without other info i couldn't give a better guess. The reason i know it wasn't cd 10 even though there was a dip, your temp didnt raise high enough the next day. Ff has a charting course on the site that explains it very well.

5 years ago

Here is my last chart. O day is clear as the next three days i had higher temps. Ff was certain of ovulation because i was also using opks and checking cervical position. That is why i have the solid red lin

user submitted image

5 years ago

Oh ok, makes sense. Congrats on your BFP!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo