Community post

Journal

Angry

So my brother in law and his girlfriend had a baby boy June 29th. He was taken away cause she was using drugs while pregnant and thankfully he was placed with my sister in law on July 5th. This stupid girl already lost custody of her first son(who lives with his dad) she went from shooting heroin to smoking cause she thought is wasn't as bad. Pretty sure she was using math as well. Baby is okay he is suffering some withdraw symptoms but otherwise a cute snuggly 6lb newborn. Makes me so mad that some girls dont treat their body how they should and keep having baby after baby. Yet there are people like 2 of my coworkers who have been trying with no success. Fate is cruel. We all knew she was using but couldn't do anything until the baby was born. He was lucky to even be born alive. Unfortualty we all she her getting pregnant within a year again. It's pretty sad situation but at least baby Josiah is in a safe and loving home with my SIL for now.

User image

5 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

:( It's amazing and infuriating. So glad baby is ok.

5 years ago

Biology is so confusing sometimes. I'm so glad baby Josiah is safe and forever a part of your family now.

5 years ago

Addiction is a serious disease. It is just as real as cancer or diabetes or any other disease. It's hard to sympathize with addicts because in our society we do not we it as a disease. Instead, we see it as a self-control problem. But it is a disease in the medical community, and it's a treatable disease. Every day people are susceptible to it. Sometimes elderly people are prescribed narcs after an injury, and within a year they end up hooked and seeking street drugs like heroin. It's crazy but it happens. It's all chemical.

But the real issue is that she should have been getting help and have been enrolled in a methadone program or something in order to overcome the disease before ever getting pregnant again. Maybe it's all just speculation, but she probably desperately wants her children and wants to be their mom, but she is sick and needs to get help. Hopefully someday she will.

As for your friend who can't, I so feel her too. Infertility is also a real disease, and fortunately it's a treatable one most of the time. I hope she seeks help too.

The only thing God gives you for certain is a CHOICE.

5 years ago

I had a cousin who did heroin and as soon as he found out he had fathered a daughter he straightened out and has been sober 2 years now I think even had part custody of her. Some people can fight it others cant. So far they have been missing visitation and seeing the baby because they are still off getting high. Baby Josiah had to have surgery for a stomach blockage and now is doing well and gaining weight. We all call him jojo now. He has now completely withdrawn from the drugs which was heroin and meth and marijuana. He is very much loved in our family and completely spoiled

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Baby Josiah 1 week old. He just turned a month old the 29th

user submitted image

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo