Community post

Journal

Another WTF Month

So yet again I'm left wondering what on earth is going on with my body!!! I've been BBT tracking for years now and my temp always drops on 14dpo when AF starts. Last cycle it didn't drop until 17dpo but I'd had heaps of pregnancy symptoms and then had a super heavy, painful period. It felt like early labour, cramps in my back and down my legs, bleeding through a tampon in a matter of hours, passing clots...I've never had anything like that before. I was suspecting a chemical pregnancy. Now this cycle, I'm on 16dpo with no sign of AF again and BBT still high. I haven't POAS because I didn't BD for 7 days before Ov so I can't be pregnant, I didn't even have fertile CM. So I guess it must be something medical??

On another note, it's been 7 weeks since I found out that my husband was unfaithful and I can tentatively say things are going very well. We've been doing counselling, both as a couple and separately, and that's really helped. It's also made a massive difference that he is completely apologetic, accepts full responsibility and blame for his choices as well as the selfish, defensive, closed-off way he'd been acting for years beforehand. I thought we had a good marriage but in hindsight, I did try to talk to him about a lot of things that he didn't really take on board. When I was pregnant with my youngest, things were really tough. But he's completely changed as a person, he's working really hard now to be present in our marriage and our family. The difference in how our sons respond to him is amazing, our eldest is just turned 3 and always very clingy to me but now that his dad is taking an active role in his life he's much happier to spend time with him or let him read his bedtime story or anything like that. These changes are going to be good for all of us. It absolutely sucks that we have had to go through this hell to get here, that he had to do basically the worst thing he could do to me before he realised how he'd been treating me, but here we are and looking forward things are going to be better.

He is even open to having another baby one day. I don't know if we'll ever make that decision but I hope we'll get to a place in our relationship where we're stable enough to consider it. So much just depends on how things go over time. And on whatever is making my cycles go weird?! Everything I'm looking up about late periods seems to focus on late ovulation and I did ovulate at the right time so... I'm at a loss!!

0 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo