Community post

Question

Hormones or gut feelings?

Should a person be concerned if their SO (significant other) or partner not hold the baby bump throught their pregnancy or talk to him/her? I am 24 weeks and I feel my unborn child is left out; myself included. My SO hardly talks or put their hands on my belly unless I put their hands there myself just to have him move it in two minutes. This pregnancy has got me all emotional and stressed out that some nights I have nightmares (won't go in detail, but I believe they are happening because of stress), that I wake up and I put my hands on my belly feeling for movements. My first pregnancy, he was all over my belly feeling for kicks, hiccups and what have you. Now our daughter is 2yrs and almost 3 months old and I swear she gets more attention than I do and the baby. I am almost to the point where I don't even want to let him hold him when he is born. Is it just my raging hormones or do I sense that our son will feel left out once he is born? I have brought up my thoughts and feelings to him but I feel that he doesn't listen as he is set in his ways and won't change. Thank you for listening.

User image[/url]

5 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Perhaps he just is scared. Sometimes people don't know how they could love another baby as much as they love the one thats already here. Maybe he's just worried your daughter won't get as much love and attention as she has and he doesn't want her to feel left out. Just give it time. He will come around.

5 years ago

@senyear14. Thank you for the lovely comment. I've brought that up to him and he just says that we will make sure that we spend some time with her.

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Post starter

My only other thought is maybe he's nervous about having a son? Did he have a good relationship with his dad? I had a horrible relationship with my mother and i was terrified of having a daughter. I was scared i would treat her like my mom treated me. Obviously once she was born i knew that was not going to be the case and we have been inseparable since. Maybe it's something like that for him?

5 years ago

His dad was a tramp and had many girlfriends so hubby got into a lot of fights because of it. But I do see where you are coming from as my birth mom walked out on her 3 kids and I feel like that towards my daughter so I am trying to break the chain so I don't become like my mother. My step mom has been amazing all throughout our lives.

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Post starter

Awwww... Well, I know it hurts. Men can be weird (not all and not all the time). I feel that my SO is not touching my belly much either (mostly if I put this hand there or rarely by himself). He talked to the baby maybe twice or 3 times during my pregnancy (and I'm 8 months now). I think he is nervous and once I asked him about it (if he was happy, excited or nervous) and he said "all of it". So maybe your SO is also feeling nervous. Another thing is that my SO told me a few times that for men it's just different than for women as far as how they experience pregnancy and that it really becomes "real" when the birth happens. My SO wants to be there for it. So I don't know... At times I wonder if it's just my hormones, too, but I don't think so. But I know it can be disappointing and sad for a woman not to feel like she and the baby are getting needed attention. Big hugs to you and I hope your SO will start giving you both more attention and affection.

My baby was born on July 26th, 2018 And it's a ! And my 2nd baby boy was born

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo