Community post

Question

Getting pregnancy after chemical pregnancy

Anyone have any stories about getting pregnant after a chemical? Found out I was having a chemical last month, bled for 5 days and am now trying again. Anyone have luck the month right after?

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

No success stories here, but I’ve had 5 chemical pregnancies. 4 of those were in 2014/2015, but we weren’t trying. In 2016 when trying for our first baby, we got pregnant the first time and everything was well. I delivered a healthy baby in November of 2016.

Last month I got a BFP for a week straight around 11 DPO, and continued until the second day of my bleeding. Another chemical. We kind of tried this month, kind of didn’t want to bother timing sex just right. And I am like 6-8 dpo and feeling like I’m stuck in quicksand trying to move by 7pm each night. :( I took a blue dye test, and I think it just gave me and evap line, as my FRER this afternoon was negative. May be just too early. Maybe another chemical. I’m to the point that I just dont expect anything else but a chemical.

I’ve read on several forums in the past that lost of people go on to get the BFP the cycle directly following their chemical pregnancy. I hope that’s the case for you!

User image

5 years ago

Good luck to you! I had one on May 5th and started ttc right away. I’m hoping for my success story this month as well. Wishing you the best!

5 years ago

In 2015 I had a chemical. The dr told us there was no reason to wait since it was so early. We went on vacation and I got pregnant. My 2 year old was born 3/2016 so yes, I got pregnant right after a chemical!

5 years ago

I had my bfp the next cycle after a chemical and he’s 3 n half now, I also got another bfp in feb this year straight after a chemical it was triplets unfortunately I mc at 10 weeks so I’m now on my first proper cycle after mc. So it is very possible to get your bfp straight after good luck x

5 years ago

See! Plenty of ladies have gotten their BFP after a chemical! Maybe that means we can too! Good luck!

User image

5 years ago

My sis knows a few persons who had chemicals, and conceived naturally or got pregnant via IVF PGS NGS

#1 IVF failed, no implantation #2IVF failed, no implantation, #3IVF - a new clinic in Gdansk

5 years ago

I had a chemical pregnancy in April 2015 and stopped trying fell pregnant in August 2015 was so shocked my boy was 3 in April ????

5 years ago

I’ve had 3 this year. Keep trying girl! That’s my motto. Hopefully one will eventually stick. Good luck.

Paige

5 years ago

I just had 2 chemicals back to back and pregnant right away again this time the tests are looking a lot stronger and better this time, hoping it’s 3rd times a charm for me. Hang in the hun it will happen.

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/countdown-1527033600z1551225600zg.png

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo