Community post

Discussion

BFP!! February 2019 Baby

Hi Ladies. I am happy to report that I am officially pregnant :) I got my BFP at 9dpo (I happened to ovulate 4 days earlier this cycle) so I'm very lucky to have conceived b/c I had actually thought I WASN'T ovulating at all & I even made a Dr appt to try and figure out if something was wrong with me. Low & behold....(+). Anyways I am 5 weeks along & am having a very strong food aversion to animal proteins i.e all types of meat & also eggs. I used to eat eggs every damn day & now I have a hard time getting through ONE meal with eggs or meat :( It worries me a little but I've been supplementing with protein bars/shakes. And I am VERY lucky to be craving salads like kale (which I HATED before lol), Spinach, etc....I was honestly thinking I'd be all about that Taco Bell Life but it's not the case (or not yet?). Anyways I'm all around appreciative & still very much in shock that I'm pregnant. We've been tracking/trying for only 5 months but I haven't been on birth control for about 3 yrs. I am also a high risk for miscarriage due to having chronic hypothyroidism. Is anybody else in the same boat with Thyroid issues??---Take Care everybody & Keep In Touch~~~Danielle

8 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Congrats! I'm also in the February club with an edd of February 8th! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

5 years ago

Hi Daniraern! I am newly pregnant for the first time too! We had been trying for 9 months so it was relief and shock to finally see those two pink lines. My EDD is Faburary 11th or 12th. When is yours?

I also have chronic hypothyroidism. I've been on synthroid/levothyroxine since I was 14 years old. I just had a blood draw for my yearly physical and my TSH was 3.18. Which is over what they recommend for first trimester pregnancy (0.1-2.5). When I called my OBs they said there was nothing they could do because they didn't order the test/weren't the prescribing Dr. So I've contacted my general practitioner and hope that they can give me some advice or up my dosage.

If I were you I'd call your OBs and explain your fear of miscarriage (my fear too) and request they do a blood draw now to check your levels. Statistically women who have pre-exhisiting hypothyroid have their levels go up during early pregnancy.

5 years ago

My EDD is February 22nd 2019 (per this website). @FlamingoGirl13--Wow I didn't know all those things about the TSH increasing during pregnancy. Dang. I'll definitely be contacting their office soon. I wonder if the doc will give me a lab requisition with out ever having seen me yet....Hmm we'll see. I'm already at 100mcg daily of Levothyroxine & my labs have been stable for years but it sure would be nice to double check!

5 years ago • Post starter

I've been at 75mcg daily since I was 17 or 18 and they were stable and all that time. This is the highest reading I have had in a decade or more. If they wont give you a lab requisition maybe ask if you could come in and talk early or ask your general practitioner for the labs.

5 years ago

Ladies! I found out I am having TWINS!!!
I am still in shock. We found out last week at our ultrasound at 8 weeks. We're having a second ultrasound in 2 more weeks. Finger's crossed that they're still measuring well & are healthy :)

Congratulations! I'm an identical twin myself so I'm excited to learn if yours are fraternal or identical! Are you having more severe nausea then expected? My Mom did when she carried us. She made it to 39 weeks with us but I think they expect most twin Moms to make it to 37 now. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and those two little darlings!!

5 years ago • Edited

Last week the neasea and vomiting was off the hook! This week it's settled down. No more vomiting as long as I make sure I'm always eating lol. Wow you're an identical twin huh?! Do you happen to know if you & your sister had your own sacs and placentas or did you two share everything? And I'll take ANY tips or advice that your mom has to share bc making it to 39 weeks is absolutely INCREDIBLE! ????
How tall is she? I feel like the shorter women are more likely to birth twins early? But Idk I could be totally wrong. I'm 6ft. and now making it my strongest goal to get them healthy past 37 weeks ????

I think 37 weeks is a great goal for twins! A lot come earlier then that and making it that far means they are bigger and healthier. My Mom is only 5'4"! I can ask her how she made it. I think back in the 80s they let twin pregnancies go longer then they do now. They either induce early or do early c-sections because it lowers risks for both Moms and babies. Also twin Moms can go into labor earlier (I believe).

I know that we shared a placenta but I'm not sure about sacs. At one point they were worried about Twin to Twin Transfusion with us, so maybe we did share a sac too? Twins can still be identical and not share those things though. It all depends on when that egg split into two. We must have split late/close to implantation. I'll ask my Mom if she has any tips. I do know that she lost a ton of weight in the first trimester from nausea and vomiting but gained plenty later on in her pregnancy.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo