Community post

Discussion

Chemical???

I’ve been getting really faint lines on my tests. They are not getting darker. Attached are 16dpo and 18dpo. I’m 3 days late and I’m never late. They are definitely positive but very faint. Also had faint positives last week. I’m gearing myself for a chemical to prepare myself but also trying to stay hopeful. Has anyone been in the same/similar situation and ended up with a viable preganancy or did yours end up with AF just coming late?

user submitted image

7 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I have had a couple chemical pregnancies. My tests both times went negative again in days though. And my period came right on time. Can you call your doc to get bloodwork? Sometimes so women only get faint positive urine tests even when they are very pregnant. I am hoping that is what is going on with you. Keep us posted. Good luck!

5 years ago

Typically a chemical will result in your period coming as expected or maybe a day or two late. You could just have a slow growing bean or lower HCG. Can you call you doc and ask for betas?

5 years ago

My doctor won’t see me until I’m 8-9 weeks along. We’re overseas military or I would find somewhere else to do it. I guess it’s just a waiting game at this point.

5 years ago • Post starter

Well, we definitely have our fingers crossed for you!

5 years ago

Thank you!

I’ve had 4 chemical pregnancies. All ended at exactly 6 weeks. I had faint positives all the way up to AF which came 7-10 days late. But everyone is diff. I don’t want to discourage you, I’m just telling you my story for comparison . Good luck! I hope all is well and thank you to you and your hubby for the sacrifices you’re makin for the rest of us.

Paige

5 years ago

Not discouraging! I’m trying to not get too hopeful just in case. My very first pregnancy was a chemical but I have no idea how far I was. It happened a few days after I tested. At that point was when I started paying more attention to my cycle and all that. I’ve since gone on and had 2 healthy baby girls, one of which was just born 2 1/2 months ago. This came as a complete shock when I got a positive test. I’m trying to stay content with however it turns out (of course hoping for another).

And it’s all my hubby for his service! I’m along for the ride and adventure! We have been very blessed with his assignments. We’re currently in japan and it’s just amazing! I enjoy the army life, purging things every 3 years...yes thank you, keeps us more organized ????

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo