Community post

Question

Any suggestions : WHEN TO USE OVULATION TESTS

Just purchased ovulation tests for first time and need help on when to start testing reading the searches online has me confused is it right after AF start testing ?

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

How long are your cycles? Sometimes the literature that comes with the ovulation tests will suggest which cycle day to start on depending on your cycle length. For example my cycle length is usually 29 days and the paper that came with my OPKs said to start testing on CD9.

5 years ago

38 it seems

5 years ago • Post starter

If you have consistent 38 day cycles, maybe start testing on CD 20. But if you sometimes have shorter cycles, start earlier.

5 years ago

@gigi00
It's not consistent.. how early

What is your shortest cycle?

5 years ago

I would start testing on CD 8 or 9 then. That way if you have an earlier ovulation then you catch it. If you end up with a longer cycle then you'll be testing for longer but you'll catch it. Good luck!

5 years ago

So that's basically after AF usually lasts 7 days. Do u do the tests in mornings ?

I do the tests in the mornings for about 5 days and then I start to do a second one in the evening/afternoon. The second one is so I don't miss my surge. If you normally have longer then 28 day cycles you are probably safe to start testing on CD10 or 11.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo