Community post

Question

TTC after miscarriage

Hey,

I just miscarried my first pregnancy, I need some happy stories.

Anyone got a successful pregnancy after miscarriage ? How long did it take you to get pregnant again ?

7 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

No one ?

5 years ago • Post starter

I've tried responding to this but nothing shows up.

5 years ago

I think most women go on to have successful pregnancies after MC. I had my son, then MC, I waited a few months then conceived our dd. Next pregnancy was a MC which devastated me for various reasons so we waited years contemplating whether or not we should try. Since then which was 2010, I’ve had two more children and am currently 17 weeks with #5. We made lots of changes in our lives which I think has helped us but sometimes these things just happen regardless. Sorry for your loss and I hope you get your rainbow soon

5 years ago

Not sure why my earlier reply disappeared. I miscarried my previous pregnancy, got pregnant about three weeks after the miscarriage. I'm 6 weeks now so I haven't had a scan yet, but everything seems to be going fine. I was told it's more likely than not to go on to have a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage, esp if you concrive soon after the miscarriage. Apparently there isn't any great explanation as to why this is true, but the stats support it.

5 years ago

My husband and I tried for a year before getting pregnant. It ended in a chemical pregnancy. we got pregnant again a couple months later. Went in for our 12 week ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. the baby had died around 8 weeks. We were absolutely devastated especially because we had seen the heart beating previously. We kept trying and after another chemical, we ended up getting pregnant with our son. He is now 2 years old. It was a long, hard, and emotionally draining journey. Don't give up hope.

5 years ago

Absolutely! I miscarried late November. My body needed December to readjust. We tried again Jan. and Feb. with no luck but I am now 13 weeks pregnant with our rainbow and everything is going perfectly!

Don't rush your body if it's not ready, but don't be afraid to try again! Your body will let you know when it's ready again. Plus, the odds of a healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage are very high! Chin up and good luck! It'll happen!!

5 years ago

my first pregnancy ended up being an ectopic pregnancy which I lost my one tube, the second pregnancy there was no heartbeat at 12 weeks and then the third one was a blight ovum. Finally I got pregnant for the 4th time and it I had my baby boy who is now 20 months. So yes it is possible to have a successful pregnancy it just may take some time. Don't give up hope and keep trying. I am now trying for a second baby so fingers crossed I don't have to have 4 losses before we have successful one.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo