Community post

Question

False positive or BFP?

On 9dpo I had major symptoms of nausea and fatigue so that night,after a long day, I decided to test. The results came within the time frame and it showed two lines. I was so excited yet hesitant being as though we’ve been trying for some time with no luck. I decided to purchase a FRER. I took it about 4 hours later and it was negative. My thoughts were maybe my urine was diluted. I waited until morning and took another. Negative. Took one again this morning and another negative. Now I’m thinking that my first test was an Evap. I did the drops of water to see if the line would disappear but it didn’t! I’m so confused. Any thoughts?

4 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hard to tell without pics

5 years ago

Right after I took it

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

After dropping water on it 2 separate times to double check. Line is still there.

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

To me it looks like a faint positive. Idk, I might be in the minority but I've never actually gotten an evap. It's been a couple days, maybe try another internet cheapie if you don't want to keep paying for FRER. I know everyone has different experience but I haven't had the greatest luck with FRER for early testing recently. Years ago I swore by them. With my last two pregnancies they have given bfn after getting positives on other brands.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo