Community post

Journal

This two week wait is the worst.

I just need to get these thoughts out there somewhere so I apologize if they are kind of all over the place!

We've been trying for 10 cycles so far to conceive baby #2. I definitely didn't think it would take this long, but here we are.

I started using OPKs in Sept. and decided to take a break when I ran out of them in Feb. Then I took a break from all tracking in March to focus on losing weight and making healthy choices. I've lost almost 12 lbs it's slow but I'm happy with the progress.

This cycle I bought more OPKs and a BBT. I believe we timed intercourse perfectly for SMEP, though that wasn't my plan but I had been trying to previously lol.

I know it's going to sounds crazy especially now that I've done research and know it doesn't work like that but... When I was pregnant with my son I had super light spotting 3 or 4 DPO and just knew without a doubt I was pregnant. Like I said I know now that there was no way that was implantation bleeding that early. BUT I had the same spotting this cycle. I've definitely spotted and thought oh this is implantation before and thought I was pregnant but that timing was consistent with actual potential implantation and I ended up being late but eventually AF made her appearance so I think that cycle might have been a chemical.

With my son I waited until the day after my missed period to test. This time around though all I want to do is test! Of course I went and bought some FRER but don't want to use them until it's closer to my anticipated period. I tested last night 10 or 11 DPO with the $.88 test and it was definitely negative. I'm really trying to hold out to until at the earliest Sunday to test again. AF is due on Monday so it it's positive it should in theory show on a FRER!

Part of me wants to run to the dollar store on my lunch and get another cheapy or order bulk on amazon with Prime but I know I should wait.

I've also been doing some serious symptom spotting which at some points I'm questioning if I'm actually having that or if it's all in my head because I want it so bad. I've been nauseous. super tired, my body just aches, my back hurts, i've had some light bleeding of my gums, had some random twinges and dull cramping, today my boobs have started hurting periodically, I've got a bit of abnormal acne, i've felt dizzy, feeling super hungry but not wanting anything to eat and I've been soooo emotional! This morning I filled up watching another mom drop off her two sons, almost exactly a year apart at daycare, at my son playing with his trains and pointing to me and saying "Mama", at a sweet gesture by my husband and a few other definitely not tear worthy moments that I feel like such a hot mess over.

So right now i'm going to just say a little prayer for patience, and that this is actually it. My husband's birthday is next Thursday and this would be such a special surprise!

0 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo