Community post

Question

Need advice TWW!

No judgement please!!! So I'm trying to conceive this month. I ovulated four days ago and had sex every day leading up to and on ovulation. I'm now in the dreaded TWW. I will probably test next Monday when I will be 9dpo, and then again on 12 or 13dpo if negative. I'm really trying to keep it out of my mind before then. Before I may have conceived, I agreed to go to a male strip show with a friend for her birthday and obviously alcohol will be involved. I don't want to drink in case I may have conceived, but I know if I get that bfn it'll just make me even more sad that I didn't get to enjoy the night and I don't get a baby out of it (I have severe social anxiety and it's really hard to go out to these things without a little liquid courage.. yes I know I will need to get over it when I conceive) I don't know what to do! It's on Saturday so I'll be 7dpo. If I did conceive and I drink would the baby be okay? Maybe I stick to one or two drinks? Please I'm not looking for judgment I just need advice! ????????????

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Have a drink or two, but don't get smashed. My doctor said unless there is two lines, you aren't pregnant and the alcohol can't get to the baby anyway. Now, you want it out of your system on the quick side, so I wouldn't binge, but I think you'll be ok. Plenty of people have gone weeks without finding out and not quit vices. I have been TTC for a long time, and decided that I still have to live, because you never know.

5 years ago

I agree with Calvingirl. So early on the alcohol can't get to the baby. A drink or two wont harm anything.

5 years ago

Thank you guys! That makes me feel better. I agree, I have to live my life and not let the TWW consume me!

5 years ago • Post starter

Red wine helps for implantation sweetheart . I had my half glass at 5 dpo . Don’t do the cheap stuff aka poision lol . Dark red wine

5 years ago

Go out and have fun. Stress on the body can do much worse things.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo