Community post

Question

Who here had to wait a long time for hpt to get a positive? I am 13 days late

I am 26 dpo n 13 days late n have symptoms and cervix is high and soft. I have leukorrhea. Seeing I believe I ovulated and conceived on 13th of April Thought I test today n used frer. Still showing negative. I am waiting on my Ins card so I can go see Dr.

Shelly User image

11 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

It would be nearing impossible for someone to go that long and not get a positive if they were pregnant. How were you determining ovulation? Maybe you ovulated a lot later than you thought.

5 years ago

It was around time via calendar n pain on left side when it happened seemed to confirm. Plus had ib as well 4 days before AF due.

Shelly User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Plus researching this via net it happened to others as well. I am not alone but not sure if others on this site experienced it as well.

Shelly User image

At almost two weeks late with no positive it may be time to see a doctor. Especially if you have always had regular cycles in the past. Many things can cause long or irregular cycles. If you don't have insurance maybe there is a clinic that could at least offer you a blood test so that you do not have to keep waiting on AF or a positive test.

5 years ago

Not returning to clinic we have here. Tried them last year for same thing. I not recommend them to anyone after my experience. The nurse practitioner had results 4 days after. They not call back to almost 2 weeks after n yes I had called a few times for them. They replied she not looked at them yet. How hard is it to look at positive or negative result n have someone call. Not like she was calling patient personally

Shelly User image

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Sounds like you've had some rotten luck. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

5 years ago

I did some more research and not lost total hope as some have not got positive till they were 6 weeks. :D We all produce hcg at different levels.

Shelly User image

I remember following your post. Just a thought, i think you said you had ib for 4 or 5 days? Could that have been an early af? If it was your af, how many days past the bleeding are you? You could be getting ready to ovulate now if it was af and not ib. Most women dont get ib and it is very rare to go over a day or 2 and so light you dont need a pad or liner. Just a thought. I am definately not trying to be a debbie downer, just dont want you to miss an ovulation. Good luck!

5 years ago

That occurred to me too, ShellyG. For the past 5 years (I'm 42) I've gotten REALLY light periods as a norm. Like 18 hrs long and I barely needed a pantyliner, as it all just came out when I went the bathroom and not inbetween. AF kept getting shorter and my cycles shorter (from 28 to 26 days) as I got older. But I spent about 3 months taking Vitex and baby aspirin, and I got my periods back to a 28 day cycle and about 2-3 days long where I actually used a pad or two, and then got on a high dose of Femara to help me ovulate some good eggs, and got my BFP!
Once you get your insurance all set, get your blood test but also have them test your FSH levels, your estradiol levels and your thyroid. This will let you know if your age is interfering with egg production. You might be pregnant, but you might not have fully ovulated this month, hence the short period and the weird cycle. It's always good to know what's going on in your body, even if it's not what you want. Like Kelliria said, if you are NOT pregnant, you don't want to miss another ovulation chance to catch the egg.

5 years ago

The ib was only a day or two. It came 4 days before AF was due. I have pregnancy symptoms after the ib. If period I not had them. My period been reg since thyroid got straight out last November 30 day cycle

Shelly User image

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo