Community post

Discussion

positive then negative, then positive again?

Hi everyone, I've been having a bit of a nightmare the past few days! I got a v.f.p at 7dpo (yes i know, very early) on two of the same brand of test (one step) from two different urine samples at 4pm and again at 8.30pm. Next day 8dpo i took two more one step tests with fmu and both were stark negative. This morning (9dpo) its back to a faint positive again! Has anyone else has this happen to them? Is it likely that i just have a bad batch of tests? As i know 7 dpo shouldn't really be possible to get a positive. I'll attach some pictures of the tests. Any other ladies out here have a similar experience? What was your outcome?

user submitted image

7 Replies • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

8 dpo

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

9 dpo today

user submitted image

At this stage, anything can affect ur tests. Ur fmu yesterday may not have been as good as today's. The individual tests also vary in sensitivity, dye amount etc. It's hard testing in the early days, the results tend to bounce around a bit. I wouldn't stress too much just yet. Give it a bit of time to build up, u obvs caught it very early and those numbers have to start somewhere.
Congrats! =))

5 years ago

^^^what she said, plus your urine could have different concentrations. I'd give it a day or two, and if lines aren't getting darker, it might be a cp - but the lines are definitely there faintly so and sending

5 years ago

I had the same thing last month AND this month, faint lines some days, nothing on others, since dpo7. Today was dpo13 and still the same. I'm starting to think it's a bad batch. So annoying! You get your hopes up and then down again... The Lot Nr on mine is 20171123.
I' 37 and hubby 42, we've been TTC for 2,5 years now... I had a D&C b/c of a blighted ovum on 3/17 year and then an m/c this January early 6th week. Hopes for a natural conception are pretty much gone by now, and yet I test obsessively each month!

5 years ago

Oh no im.sorry to hear about your losses honestly though 37 is definitely not too old to concieve naturally! I know how hard it is to stay positive though when its month after month of negatives and disappointment. Im thinking that these One step ICs quality has gone to the dogs as im 99% sure what ive been getting are false positives as FRER and CB have all been negative. To say im annoyed is an understatement! The batch number on mine is 20171023. Heres a photo of what they look like, bottom to top 7-10 dpo. Have you tested with another brand? What was your outcome?

user submitted image

I see a faint line in all of your tests, they do look a little bit darker than what I got. Fingers crossed for you!
I tested with CB Digital with weeks display on dpo 12 and got a negative. This morning temp was down and spotting has started so I'm def. not preggers. Won't be buying OS tests for a while at least! They used to be pretty reliable, never got any kind of false lines before.

5 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo