Community post

Question

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms, but negative hpt

FYI: super super long post! Skip to bottom for brief recap if need be! Please share your thoughts!

I used to have completely regular cycles before having my daughter. I’ve had my period for 14 months now and most of the time it only varies by 2-3 days. I’ve had a few outlier periods at 26 days and the last cycle at 31 days. Just some background history.

I’m always pretty well aware of when my period is coming, but I don’t really notice when I ovulate. The only time I ever had a period late was when I got married. It was 10 days late probably due to stress haha.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of my period and I haven’t even started yet. This is TOTALLY NOT NORMAL for me. On CD 17-18, I had faint blood (spotting) in my cervical mucus. This also has NEVER happened to me. I was wondering if this was a random implantation spotting or ovulation spotting.

At the time my cycle was supposed to start, I wasn’t any more stressed than usual. We were out of town two days before I was supposed to start, but that’s never affected my cycles before. Some other factors that could contribute to being late are: daughter not night nursing anymore, consistently use natural progesterone essential oil, anemia, or possible hypothyroidism. But still, I’ve had all of these things before with my first baby and those did not ever cause me to miss a period.

With my daughter, I got a bfp, 1 day before my period was due. This cycle is my longest ever in my life (not counting my wedding cycle, so stressful). I have pregnancy symptoms that vary each day. I don’t feel that bloated though, but I have cramping, changes in cervical mucus, some light nausea, head tension, dizziness, feeling hot and cold, some pinching or discomfort in rib area, etc.

Took a strip test CD33 and it was negative. Took one a few days before that and also negative.

I’m probably not pregnant, but kind of concerned at what could be causing the sudden crazy long cycle when most reasons for long cycles aren’t at play here. Has anyone had a bfp later than usual?

I’m really not sure when I ovulated. At first, I thought I did sooner than usual. But, now I’m wondering if I did later.

Recap: missed period, spotted CD17-18, currently CD36, both of these have never happened. Negative hpt CD33. Utterly confused. Had sex on CDS: 8, 20 (withdrawal), 27, & 34.
P.S. so sorry again for the long post. Thanks for reading!

7 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I don’t have an answer but I’m in the same boat.

I normally have 28 day cycles (Occasionally as short as 26 or as long as 31 but my dr said it’s very typical to be +\- 2-3 days of your “normal” sometimes). I’ve been tracking my cycles forever and the longest one I’ve ever had was 32. I’m now on cycle day 34 and AF was due CD 27-28 this month. I had a very strong positive OPK on CD 12 (so estimating O on day 13) and BD’d that night and my LP is always 14 days (don’t temp anymore because i find it stressful but did for 15 months with my 1st pregnancy).

I’m still getting BFNs and I have no idea what’s going on but it’s so frustrating. Just wish I could either start AF to get on with the next cycle or get a BFP already!

6 years ago

Sorry you’re in the same boat! I’m on CD36 and my cycle apps predicted CD30. I have no clue when I ovulated though. My husband thinks it could have been stress. But, I just didn’t think I was stressed enough to cause my cycle to be this late.

6 years ago • Post starter

I’ve seen posts that ended in both really late BFPs and really late AF, so not sure what to think at this point. I’m trying to stay hopeful but also preparing myself for another letdown. I got my BFP at 11 dpo with DS after 16 months of trying and 3 chemical pregnancies, so I would think that if I’m pregnant I’d be showing + by now, but I’ve never been this late. Even with the CPs I had early BFPs that started fading and then they’d go to stark white within a few days and I’d get AF within a day or 2 of when I was expecting to start.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

6 years ago

Well, I sure hope you get your bfp! With my daughter, I got mine 1 day before my expected period. And just to let you know, I finally started a few hours ago. It’s really light so far, which I’m super grateful for. Normally I have super heavy periods. I use a natural progesterone oil that I think is helping my cycles ease up a bit.

Totally not sure why I spotted this cycle and why I was 7-8 days late. Probably some extended family causing my body stress lol.

Anyway, I’d love to hear what happens with you either way! So, let me know!!

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

P.S. this is definitely a weird period. Usually I use super and super+ tampons every 1-3 hours. I bleed so bad. Well today, I put in a regular tampon after seeing the pink and when I took it out it was only ¼ covered. Then I wiped (sorry for the tmi) and there was barely any blood. So weird.

My hubby and I had sex this am and I spotted right after, and then had a lot of pink, so maybe that’s what started it and now it’s just taking its time.

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Well I’m out too. AF FINALLY showed up. I’m actually kind of relieved because the not knowing was driving me nuts and if I had been pregnant I’d probably be super worried something was wrong. This can be such an emotional roller coaster.

GL to you next month! Hopefully we’ll both get our BFPs soon!

6 years ago

same here! We aren’t actually trying to get pregnant right now so I’m okay with how it turned out. We will probably start trying in a few months and then I’ll be hopeful for a bfp!!!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo