Community post

Question

Cramping, bleeding after a faint positive hpt but still feel pregnant. IDEAS?

So here is my story in bullet points:
- 15th symptoms started: nausea, crazy sore breasts, lower back pain, tiredness
- 16th faint but well visible positive hpt (See my last photo uploaded)
- 17th brown spotting and strong cramping
- 18th light pink discharge turned to spotting of blood, a&e confirmed no pregnancy from bloods

So I got my obvious (but still not as dark as control line) visible positive hpt on Friday evening. On Saturday I started on very strong cramping and brown creamy discharge which turned to light pink. On Sunday it still continued and when I went in to emergency, I had blood when wiped and that turned some blood in the pad and coloured my urine as well. At the A&E, I had huge disappointments. Mentally. The DR never believed me that I had that positive test (I showed to 3 sceptic friends who all said its definitely there) and said I am not pregnant because he did a blood test. I told him that the test was showing but I could be very very early tho as it was 2days before af was due. And my hcg could have dropped during 2days under the number blood test confirms it positive.. any way, the DR looked at me the way he does not believe me and "you are crazy go home with your simple period". I felt so low.. However, my bleeding stopped by today so lasted Sunday, Monday and Tuesday when wiped. Cramping also much lighter but a still bit there. My sore breast never stopped (pulsing like mad) and I also feel more nauseous than before. Would it be possible to be still pregnant? Has anyone thought she has a chemical or early miscarriage but found out still pregnant? Or having a vanishing twin? I heard so many pregnant woman saying that hcg blood tests didnt pick their pregnancy for a certain time, I looked into it and there is qualitative (yes or no)/quantitative (amount based) hcg blood tests ect. I dont know which one been done on me. With my last mc, I had way much heavier bleeding, like had to change pads in every 20minutes, this time I didnt even fill one but also this happened very very early. IDK. Please share if you have similar stories!! Thanks ladies

3 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I am sorry that the doctor had such a poor bedside manner, and you shouldn't have been treated like that. It could have been an evaporation line that you got? I've looked at your gallery and some evap lines can be pink :(. You are also right in that it could have been the earliest of chemical pregnancies, but the embryo did not implant so you began your period.

At any rate, if A+E performed a blood test and your HCG was below 5, then you weren't pregnant, it is likely that it said HCG <5. If we try and be as hopeful as possible, we could imagine that your HCG was 4 (not zero) and say it was implantation bleeding and cramping - but implantation would not really be severe enough to send you to A+E with the pain/peeing blood. It shouldn't be anyway, though stranger things have happened.

To me it sounds like you have had a dodgy ass period, which really sucks.

Good luck with your next cycle x

6 years ago

Thanks for your detailed answer! Yes the dr was really awfull. I cant describe the way he looked at me. Also he said that it was a false positive. My lines were progressing, that one on Friday was a strong pink one which I finally considered positive. And yes I think it could implant properly so cp. The bleeding is gone but im still cramping, we had bd just an hour ago it might be that. Thanks again for the comment! Xx

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi..so sorry to be reading this and the doctor who has clearly no patience...I will tell you one thing...medicine comes so far then comes God...nothing is decided just yet...from my own experience...I wish you good luck!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo