Community post

Question

Help on ovulation

View Full Post

Hi, all. I should be a pro but im having a hard time deciding when i ovulated. On the 17th i got a peak smiley on CBE at 2pm. I had a dip yesterday with bbt and my spike today, but i took a cheap opk yesterday and it looks like my lh is already going down. The cheapie is negative right? Just trying to guess if i ovulated the 18th or 19th (yesterday).

user submitted image

UPDATE   Took opk today and lh down even more. So i either Od 18th or 19th.

15 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

11 - 15 of 15 Answers

Try to stay positive. Even if u O'd on the 19th, u still have a great chance for conception, and for a boy. That Shettles Method thing isn't a guaranty. It's also entirely possible that u did O on the 18th, possibly later in the night. If u O in the later hours of the 18th, ur progesterone wouldn't have risen enough (possibly at all) to have an effect on ur temps. There's also a possibility that u slept with ur mouth open, that would alter and drop ur temp, thus masking a possible rise for the 19th. Bbt is a great tool but it's not 100% written in stone, there are ways it can be altered. If O was the 19th, I'd bet it happened in the earlier part of the day (possibly just hours after the (calendar) date change). Don't stress it. U did what u could with what u had.
Good luck! =))

6 years ago

Thanks for the positive words, dakotagurrl. I would be thrilled to just have a sibling for my daughter. As would all of us ttc would lovevto just get that bean. Being almost 40, i just want one more. So Ruthie can have someone once bf and i are gone. We wont be around forever!! That's horrible to say, but there are no cousins for her to play with or not much family. We're small.

6 years ago • Post starter

I am SO CONFUSED on when I O according to my opk's... I posted a pic of my OPK's a week or so ago, but I'm not sure when I would've O'd - would I go by when I got the first positive, the darkest positive, the last positive?? Anyone know or can point me in the right direction to something on the internet for answer to that?

6 years ago

I know how u feel, Kelliria! I don't have much family left, and the ones I do have (2 sisters), I don't speak to anymore. My husband's family is certifiable (no joke, they're all loons), so we don't have much contact with them either...it's basically just us. I just turned 39 earlier this month so I'm definitely feeling the pressure also. Not a nice feeling, eh?!

BB2018: I saw ur pic and it looks like Monday evening was ur first positive. This is the test u go by. Idk where some ppl get their info from, but it has ALWAYS been the first positive that u count from. Surges last for varying amounts of time, for each person and each cycle. If u have a surge that takes days to climb and drop, u can still O on the first day of it. So if u were to wait for it to be at its darkest, u would've missed the egg completely. In fact, u dont even need a positive opk to O...just like a positive opk doesn't guaranty u will O. I would recommend that u look into how to properly take ur BBT, and start asap. It's too late in ur cycle for it to be of any assistance right now, but u can use it to practice etc. Then, next cycle, use it from day 1. This, with ur opks, will help u foresee and confirm ur O date. As for ur O this cycle, avg O would fall the day after ur first positive opk...so, Tuesday. It's just a guess tho, u need temps to confirm.
Good luck! =))

6 years ago

Ik, rite, dakotagurrl? No pressure what so ever! I feel like I'm running a race that I know the finish line is right around the corner. I've recently started juicing and eating healthy again to try and help. The first pergnancy I ever had was at 36 after i had been juicing for 6m. I swear the diet change made a difference. Maybe I'm grasping at straws!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo