Community post

Question

First try after abdominal myomectomy.

Hi! After 15 years of trying to get pregnant with no luck I was finally diagnosed with Fibroids. Had an open myomectomy in August and two fibroids were removed. One fibroid was apple sized and appeared to be blocking the path to my fallopian tubes. After a 6 month healing process we are trying. Just curious if any one has a similar story and how quickly did you get you BFP once you could begin trying? Did you have any different symptoms that may have been due to the surgery?

Missee

1 Answer • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hello!

I cannot share your experience but now that the fibroids have gone I imagine you are having lighter and more manageable periods? I had a friend who had hers removed for severe menorrhagia and she is over the moon with the results - though she is not trying to conceive. She does mention that on occasion she feels ‘twinges’ or sometimes slightly more painful periods but she think it may be due to adhesions - this is post operative scar tissue.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful but hopefully your BFP is just around the corner!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo