Community post

Question

Mixed symptoms and odd outcomes

I’m curious to see if anyone else has this happen to them and if they ever found out what was causing it. Since 2015 I had been TTC but after my miscarriage in 2016 I was done. It was too much heartache and stress. So, I just tracked my cycle to be prepared. Around August 2017 I noticed that some months I would get cramping around 6-10dpo. And it only happened on months that we did the deed. The cramps were bad for a day and there was no spotting. I would have the normal sore and sometimes really sensitive nips but I never thought of anything until af was late. But she would only be late for 4 days then show up super heavy, with cramps and massive clots. The months I didn’t get the cramps around 6-10dpo I would have af show on time with next to no cramps and extremely small or no clots at all. This month is different. I’ve had the cramps around 9dpo according to an app I use and been congested during the night, dizzy, nauseated, horrible backache, and super crazy dreams. Heartburn is another thing I have been dealing with and it’s making sleep hard to achieve. Any ways, has anyone had something similar happen to them?? Did you get any type of testing done and what was the results?? Thanks for reading and sharing your experience.

5 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

anyone even on here?

6 years ago • Post starter

Hello!

Firstly I am sorry for your loss, I had a miscarriage 6 months ago and have not been able to conceive since, I often wonder if anything is wrong but my cycles are regular and OPKs positive, so I’m just carrying on as normal.

You mention that when you have the cramping between 6-10 dpo, your period then is often later. It could be that on these months a blastocyst is trying to implant in your womb but then failing - leasing to a delayed period. You do not mention if you take any pregnancy tests at this time (sensitive ones) as perhaps it could be early chemical pregnancies?

However it also could be that on these months, your ovulation is delayed? Or perhaps on these months you are ovulating from a different ovary to the one that gives you regular cycles (if that makes sense) e.g the left ovary produces no pains post ovulation and gives you a 28 day cycle whereas maybe the right ovary has inflammation in its Fallopian tube and causes some pains post ovulation and a longer cycle e.g 35 days.

The other thing it could be, if the cramps are bad - is something like endometriosis. This could also be why you are not falling pregnant again after your miscarriage.

I think it’s very hard for anyone to say what could be going on. You do not mention your age or how long you have been trying, but I suggest a visit to the doctor could help. You could have a scan or dye test to look at the patency of your tubes and see if there are any issues, for a starter. It also may make you feel more empowered and help you find answers x

6 years ago

Thanks @SweetEmotion for replying. Sorry, I’m 38 now but I don’t have Endometriosis. I have taken tests before and the last one was a faint positive but it ended with a miscarriage and that was in September. I refuse to take any more tests just to get excited then heartbroken. I am healthy, have been tested and I’m perfectly able to but I’m thinking it could be stress. Mostly I’m worried if I will carry at all. This month has been a rollercoaster of just odd things and this time, my cramping is lasting longer than I thought. I have been tracking and I have been cramping since about 6dpo and I’m about 12dpo. So I’m just concerned about what is going on. I am not TTC so I don’t monitor O but when I did, I only cramped close to when I implanted and then when I miscarried never for this length of time. I will just see what happens next week and if nothing, see if my doctor can run some other tests on me because this month has really been scary with this cramping for so long.

Oh I’m sorry you are feeling this way. Any chance of booking a break away or something relaxing like a spa day? Do you have anyone you can talk to? X

6 years ago

I do have a friend but she is younger so she doesn’t know what I’m going thru but she is trying to be supportive. Right now, the cramping has stopped but no visit from AF but super bad runs now. It’s like I go from one issue to another. I just need a new body. Lol, this one is faulty.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo