Community post

Question

I don't always get a true positive OPK - when should I trigger for IUI?

This is the first month we are trying IUI and I'm nervous about getting the timing right. I won't be able to reach my doc until Monday so I need help! Based on my follicle scan, it looks like I should be getting my LH surge in 2 days this Sunday. My doc wants me to trigger if I get my positive OPK on Sunday and then do the IUI on Monday afternoon. There have been a couple cycles in the past where I got a close to positive OPK, but not a true positive. But then the next day it was negative and I could confirm ovulation because my BBT had risen in the days after. My question is - should I still trigger on Sunday if my OPK is close but not entirely positive? Or should I wait another day? My concern is that the next day it will be back to negative, and then would I still even trigger? I'm new to this - please help! :)

0 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo