Community post

Success story

My story after i was told i wouldnt ever have a child

So i thought id post this to help other ladies ..when i was younger (im now 37) i was told i had endometriosis and cysts on my ovarys and after a few years of trying and umpteen gyne appointments i heard the news i was dreading. .you probably wont be able to conceive naturally ..i was deverstated. .BUT im not one to give up ..so i walked away with my mind set to prove them wrong ..with that said i wondered if the opks i was doing from day 14 were maybe to late or early ..so i started to opk on the first day of my period ..sure enough 3 days into a major heavy flow i got that smiling face ..so the oh at the time didnt mind a bit of blood sport so ..day 3 of a 4-8 day period i got busy ..exactly 2 weeks after i did the BD i started to feel funny ..tender breasts nausea like i was going to vomit at work ..i was terrified to test ..i bought a two pack and in the public toilets in our super market i peed on the stick ..BUT dropped it down the loo ????..i took it out and to my surprise saw what i thought was a neg result ..i decided id wait until i got home to test ..especially as AF wasnt even due for another week and a half ..so i got home and POAS again ..i remember my front door knocking as it was a parcel for a neighbour ..i got back upstairs and sure enough there was a BFP ..i couldnt believe it ..i had fallen pregnant ON MY PERIOD ..9months later gave birth to a bouncing baby boy ..

4 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Wow! That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing

6 years ago

Amazing. I think this is going to be my story this cycle. My husband and I have been ttc 6years. This cycle i went back to opk testing. The app here says that I ovulated on the 26th. But I got my peak on the 21st. I had two days of low and on the 3rd day i got my peak. I had started taking Serrapeptase and Chinese tea two days before I started testing. I really think the Chinese tea is what caused my peak so soon. I'm 6 dpo today. I will be 9 dpo on Saturday. I will be testing on the 7th of April.

<a href=

6 years ago • Edited

Absolutely amazing story!! And as I’m not a heavy bleeder, I’d still NEVER conceive in a situation like yours because my husband is like NERP! Not going there! When the flow hits.

6 years ago

That is a crazy story! Congratulations. I was told my husband and I only have a 0-6% chance per month, and we are 'unexplained,' although I also have PCOS and he has low morph/motility. We finally just did IVF with ICSI, and we opted for frozen transfer instead of fresh for genetic testing. It finally worked for us. I bet I will never conceive naturally like you did though. It's like my body has no idea how to ovulate on its own, but is very sensitive to meds. I made like 24 eggs on the smallest dose of injectables! Strange huh...

The only thing God gives you for certain is a CHOICE.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo