Community post

Discussion

Need a Hug or just some words of wisdom

Hi Ladies,
First I’m sending well wishes and positive vibes to you all.
Today I’m 10 dpo. I’ve been feeling symptoms since 2-3 dpo. Primarily in my breast. I have two adult children and have had maybe 6-7 miscarriages since my last child was 8 yrs old.
I always know when I ovulate because my body never lets me not know.
Anyhow, we “danced” shortly after ovulation and I feel pregnant.
Yesterday I made a trip to the ER because I’ve been feeling pain in my pancreas area and in my kidneys. They did a urine test and of course it was a negative. It’s too early to test.
They did a CT scan on my abdomen. :,(
I have never had one, EVER! I didn’t know what to expect. The doctor didn’t tell me the risks and I told her I may be pregnant.
It was an absolutely horrible experience. My entire body felt like it was burning up. My lower body felt like it was on fire! I almost had an anxiety attack too. I was calling out for help. But I remembered they said the entire test would only take a few minutes so I knew it was almost over.
After returning to my room, my lower abdomen began cramping.
I was so worried.
I couldn’t look up information on the CT scan until after I left.
When I finally read on it, I began to cry.
I’ve been emotional ALL DAY LONG!! I’m so worried.
I prayed to God if I am pregnant to protect His baby.
But I’m still sooo sad. Technically I have 7 days before my period is due but according to my ovulation day, I have 4 days until I’m due for my period. My boobs still hurt and I feel pressure in my belly still.
The CT scan revealed my pancreas and kidneys are good and all other organs too so it could be the H-Pylori infection that requires another test that my GI doc will have to schedule.
Either way....I’m so sad today!!
I’m so worried. I don’t even know for sure if I’m pregnant but I definitely feel it and I know what the difference feels like.
Anyone else ever have a CT scan early in pregnancy and have a healthy baby?
Will you say a prayer or send well wishes for me?
Thank you.

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hey hun. I'm truely sorry you are going through this difficult time right now. I've never had a CT scan before but I think that you told them you were pregnant they would have told you if it was safe or not. Have you tried taking a test? I remember with both (previous and now) pregnancies that I talked to my belly telling it to stay strong and fight and to latch on and latch on good. I know I'm not there with you but here is a virtual hug and I will send some prayers your way. Try to relax okay.

User image[/url]

6 years ago • Edited

Thank you dragonfly23.
I told them I may be. But of course it won’t show on a test yet because it’s too early. I doubt implantation has even happened. Obviously. And yes, I’ve taken two tests so far and will continue each day until something happens. Either AR or a positive.
Yeah, the doctor KNEW there was a possibility. Like she didn’t care that there was. She didn’t warn me about the risk of a CT scan. I should’ve asked but I trusted her knowing I told her there was a possibility. Just because it doesn’t show up on a test yet, doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter. =,(
But thank you for listening and your response.

How are you feeling?

6 years ago • Post starter

That's horrible and unprofessional on her part. I have been doing pretty good for the most part. Hubby and I were trying 8 months for baby #2 and trying a whole bunch of different things to get pregnant. My previous cycle I caught the tail end of a BFP on FRER at 9dpo but the baby didn't stick and AF showed up on time. Since my previous was a miss and bought 3 FRER and I started testing every day at 8po and got a very faint line. Tested every day till missed AF. I am a complete worry wart and this pregnancy has brought me nothing but ups and down of emotions and fears; where my first was a breeze. Please let me know how you make out either a BFP or AF.

User image[/url]

6 years ago • Edited

Hi hun did they do the ct with contrast (a liquid dye they inject that makes you feel like you need to pee)? ..either way the risks are very low ..i had one and a bone marrow biopsy and mri while i was pregnant and my boy was fine xx

6 years ago

As far as I understand, CT scans are so low dose that the research hasn't been able to make any connections between CTs causing any issues when pregnant (something like 1 in 1000 had an issue, but if the issue was caused by a CT or would have existed anyway couldn't be determined) They would look at whether the low risks to a possible pregnancy would outweigh the need for the CT. As medical professionals they did all they could by doing a test, to them a negative test means not pregnant. Maybe that's why they didn't discuss it with you?
I'll be following and for your BFP

<a href=

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo