Community post

Question

Positive test after time frame

View Full Post

hi all, I am just asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I took a test a day or two before my AF was due early afternoon and it was negative and then looked I don't know how long later and there was a faint pink second line, I'm now 3-4 day overdue for AF and had planned to take a test this morning but my fiancé and mother told me to wait for a week after AF was due.
Do you guys think it would be an evap line or it did detect hcg after the time frame of the test?
The test I used was first response

User image

53 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 53 of 53 Answers

Thanks ladies, I have no idea at the minute, just going to wait for doctor to look over the rest of blood results, if they show nothing but normal then the doctor did say just wait for a couple of months and see what happens.

I'm going to just count that bleeding as AF, try again and see what happens in the months going forward... wish me luck
wanting a in the coming months

User image

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

@Winnie91. I hope the doctors are able to find out what is going on. Hope you get your BFP next cycle. Don't give up.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

I’m in a similar situation, and I can’t tell if it’s genuine symptoms and weirdness, or if I’m just delusional and holding on to false hope.

The last baby-making BD was Feb 28th (19 days ago). I don’t know exactly when I ovulated, and it’s varied by a few days in previous months when I was monitoring it. However in theory the 28th was the end of the spectrum.

Since my m/c last summer my previously like clockwork 28-day cycles have gradually settled into 26-day cycles, though last month AF decided to play tricks and be 2 days late, just to add to the delight when she finally arrived as we had 2 extra days of hope dashed. This month AF was due Mon 12th but didn’t be arrive. However on Tues 13th I wiped odd pink and brown ‘cm’ for about 24hrs. We kept everything crossed that this might be implantation bleeding as it would make sense that it could happen after AF was due because of my shorter cycle. However it then developed into more of a ‘flow’, but was more bright red mixed with CM and no clots. This lasted for 24hrs and then disappeared suddenly. This isn’t usual for me at all.

I’d had lots of pregnancy symptoms in the week leading up to this, and in previous months these have disappeared when AF arrived, but this time they’ve carried on. It’s now almost a week later and I really feel like I did when I was in the early stages of pregnancy before. But we’ve taken HPT’s over the week and they’ve all been BFN.

We’re planning to go to the doctors in the next few weeks as we’ve been trying for 8 months now and are about to turn 38 and 39 soon.

Like I said, I think I’m probably just clutching at straws as it’s 19days after the last BD that could get isn’t pregnant, but as I didn’t find out I was pregnant until approximately 7 weeks in when I had no idea I was pregnant, even when I missed AF, so I don’t know how ‘early’ the BFP would have happened that time.

Meh, just getting it off my chest really. There have been months when it was wishful thinking that we’d get our BFP, but this month I really thought and felt like it was our month ... You find stories online of people not getting a BFP for weeks and weeks, even months, and I guess I’m just hoping beyond hope that I’m going to be one of those!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo