Community post

Question

Positive test after time frame

View Full Post

hi all, I am just asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I took a test a day or two before my AF was due early afternoon and it was negative and then looked I don't know how long later and there was a faint pink second line, I'm now 3-4 day overdue for AF and had planned to take a test this morning but my fiancé and mother told me to wait for a week after AF was due.
Do you guys think it would be an evap line or it did detect hcg after the time frame of the test?
The test I used was first response

User image

53 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 53 Answers | Last Page

@Winnie91. I wish it was on monday but its too early as I tried as this pregnancy is taking a toll on me. I thinking it may be a boy as I had no complications with my first. I'm constantly worried and have a huge fear of a miscarriage. This is our last pregnancy as my husband isn't getting any younger so I really want a boy. First is a girl. Keep us posted on how you make out with your test in the morning. Really think you are pregnant and will be devasted if you aren't.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you I hope so too.
That'll be exciting, try not to worry so much and enjoy the pregnancy, I know it's hard after what you have experienced in the past but try not to let those thoughts affect this pregnancy, think positive, "what's meant to be will be" is my moto, my father always said that to me growing up and now I live by it, everything will be fine

User image

6 years ago • Post starter

@Winnie91. That is funny that you mentioned that as my hubby said that too. Shera shera, whatever will be will be. Your right as I have been dreaming of periods for the past couple days. I enjoyed my first pregnancy very much. I think once I hear the heartbeat I should be okay. I have to keep telling myself whatever will be will be.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Yea I live by that saying these days

User image

Has af stayed away?

6 years ago

Morning kelliria no AF hasn't started... TMI ALERT... I had a random bout of diarrhoea this morning.
So didn't test but will test sometime today or tomorrow morning
Will keep you all posted.

User image

The wait is killing us lol . Are you taking prenatal vitamines?

User image[/url]

6 years ago • Edited

Hey dragonfly yes been taking folic and iodate since last AF finished last month. I know what you mean, I'll try not to keep you ladies waiting too much longer ????

User image

I think I'm a tad scared to test cause there is that chance that the test will be a BFN, because even though I feel like i am and with all these things happening there is still that possibility that I'm not... ????

User image

@Winnie91. I know what you mean. It's that let down feeling of starring at a blank test with only one line. I think that if you test you will finally get the answers to your questions that you are waiting for. Why is my period late? If it's negative then you can book a doctors appointment and they can do a blood test and if it's positive you will have that huge sigh of relief and still book the doctors appointment and get the prenatal care process started. I wish you the best of luck.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo