Community post

Question

Positive test after time frame

View Full Post

hi all, I am just asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I took a test a day or two before my AF was due early afternoon and it was negative and then looked I don't know how long later and there was a faint pink second line, I'm now 3-4 day overdue for AF and had planned to take a test this morning but my fiancé and mother told me to wait for a week after AF was due.
Do you guys think it would be an evap line or it did detect hcg after the time frame of the test?
The test I used was first response

User image

53 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 53 Answers | Last Page

@Winnie91. Good luck. I hope it turns into a BFP. That's a long time to be late for a period. Do you temp or check your cervix at all? How come you are having issues uploading the picture to the gallery?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Winnie those are great signs. Ive heard of women who dont get positives til they are months along or who never got positives, just u/s confirmation. I'd go yo the ob just to make sure.

6 years ago

@Dragonfly I don't temp or check cervix, this is actually the first time I've been charting. they kept saying the photo was too small to upload to gallery. I know ive never been this late before maybe a couple of days here and there but never nearly to weeks, my fiancé has been going around telling everyone he can that I might be...

@kelliria yea I honestly feel like its not coming but still theres that chance and until that af comes or I get the bfp ill still have reservations... I feel like I am pregnant and have felt like that for nearly 3 + weeks now, I have my fingers crossed for a bfp tho

User image

6 years ago • Post starter

I’m on the same page! I took a test 11dpo and went to sleep. When I woke up, I saw a faint positive but when I took one at work (diff brand) it was negative. Now I’m 14dpo and I’m just waiting. No signs of AF yet &’ I usually get really bad cramps, cravings of sweets and very dry mucus. FX for all of us!

6 years ago

yeah I'm the same get really bad cramps and seriously sore breasts for a week before my AF is due but I've had non of that this time round, and I've just got this feeling that I am. so I have 1 test left so ill do that in the morning and if its negative ill make an appointment with my doctor for a blood test and also talk about what else can cause such a delay to my period when nothing in my life has changed, no drastic change to exercise, stress level, caffeine intake, or anything else.

User image

@Winnie91 exactly! It’s so frustrating and I’m so scared to test even though I honestly feel pregnant. I’ve never gone through this before and all the symptoms are so different and crazy! I feel like I’m imagining it all and it makes me question whether I did get a + or not even though my SO saw it too. :( I won’t test until Wednesday &’ if no AF yet, I’ll make an appointment as well! Good luck girl! Really hoping we all get out BFP!

6 years ago

User image

ok so I think I could be out, I started spotting yesterday afternoon brownish/pinkish blood only noticed it when I wiped, this morning is a little heavier still nothing like AF but I'd say it will get there, because of this I did not test this morning, I'm now just waiting to see if it gets heavier because I'm so late for good old AF, if it her, she'll be a dozy.

User image

@Winnie91. I am truely sorry to hear that . Some spotting is normal in the first little bit during early pregnancy. If there are clots then I would definately count yourself out.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

ok so it never got heavier was just on Tuesday that was slightly heavier then Wednesday and still a bit today just when I wipe... there were no clots and on Tuesday the heaviest it got was like the last day of my actually period if that makes sense, this is most definitely not normal. so ill do that last test of mine sat or sun... hoping for a BFP this test...

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo