Community post

Question

Positive test after time frame

hi all, I am just asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I took a test a day or two before my AF was due early afternoon and it was negative and then looked I don't know how long later and there was a faint pink second line, I'm now 3-4 day overdue for AF and had planned to take a test this morning but my fiancé and mother told me to wait for a week after AF was due.
Do you guys think it would be an evap line or it did detect hcg after the time frame of the test?
The test I used was first response

User image

53 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 53 Answers | Last Page

@Winnie91 exactly! It’s so frustrating and I’m so scared to test even though I honestly feel pregnant. I’ve never gone through this before and all the symptoms are so different and crazy! I feel like I’m imagining it all and it makes me question whether I did get a + or not even though my SO saw it too. :( I won’t test until Wednesday &’ if no AF yet, I’ll make an appointment as well! Good luck girl! Really hoping we all get out BFP!

6 years ago

User image

6 years ago • Post starter

@Winnie91. I wish it was on monday but its too early as I tried as this pregnancy is taking a toll on me. I thinking it may be a boy as I had no complications with my first. I'm constantly worried and have a huge fear of a miscarriage. This is our last pregnancy as my husband isn't getting any younger so I really want a boy. First is a girl. Keep us posted on how you make out with your test in the morning. Really think you are pregnant and will be devasted if you aren't.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@Winnie91. That is funny that you mentioned that as my hubby said that too. Shera shera, whatever will be will be. Your right as I have been dreaming of periods for the past couple days. I enjoyed my first pregnancy very much. I think once I hear the heartbeat I should be okay. I have to keep telling myself whatever will be will be.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@Winnie91. I know what you mean. It's that let down feeling of starring at a blank test with only one line. I think that if you test you will finally get the answers to your questions that you are waiting for. Why is my period late? If it's negative then you can book a doctors appointment and they can do a blood test and if it's positive you will have that huge sigh of relief and still book the doctors appointment and get the prenatal care process started. I wish you the best of luck.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Im so sorry, winnie! I know the feeling of getting hopes up and even mc. All you can do, hun, is keep trying and dont give up! I didnt and i now have my 2 yr old after 18 yrs of trying!

6 years ago

I'm sorry Winnie :(. Do they think the bleeding was your period or are you still waiting for AF now? I hope the rest of your labs give you some incite.

6 years ago

@Winnie91. I hope the doctors are able to find out what is going on. Hope you get your BFP next cycle. Don't give up.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

I didnt get my first positive with my first pregnancy til 3 days after period was late. Yes. It is possible!!

6 years ago

Thank you @kelliria, I took a test this morning being possibly 3-5 days late (AF dates could be a little out) but got a BFN I don't know what to do, I have all really unusual symptoms for about 2 weeks and non of u normal PMS symptoms. I don't know whether I'm out this month or whether to test again?

User image

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo