Community post

Question

Positive test after time frame

hi all, I am just asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I took a test a day or two before my AF was due early afternoon and it was negative and then looked I don't know how long later and there was a faint pink second line, I'm now 3-4 day overdue for AF and had planned to take a test this morning but my fiancé and mother told me to wait for a week after AF was due.
Do you guys think it would be an evap line or it did detect hcg after the time frame of the test?
The test I used was first response

User image

53 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 53 Answers | Last Page

I didnt get my first positive with my first pregnancy til 3 days after period was late. Yes. It is possible!!

6 years ago

Thank you @kelliria, I took a test this morning being possibly 3-5 days late (AF dates could be a little out) but got a BFN I don't know what to do, I have all really unusual symptoms for about 2 weeks and non of u normal PMS symptoms. I don't know whether I'm out this month or whether to test again?

User image

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

You could wait 2 more days and test again if AF doesn't show up. That would give more time for the hormones to build up if you are pregnant. Good luck!

6 years ago

@flamingoGirl13 thank you I think ill do that :) hoping for a positive

User image

6 years ago • Post starter

Upload your test pic and we can tell you what we think ..any line woth colour is usually positive ..so maybe test again in a day or two give hormones a chance to double ..have a look at my post about HCG doubling times x

6 years ago

@mememe32 thank you will do :) ill add the pick when I get home from work, I'm still sooooo tired and no hint of AF even coming

User image

Yes, please put the pic in the gallery! What tests are you using? The FRER are the most sensitive if you can get one of those! Fingers crossed for you!!!

6 years ago

It looks like a defo negative will give a few more days to see if AF arrives. If not here by Sunday will test Monday morning with fmu

user submitted image

User image

Sorry can't upload it to gallery

User image

Hi everyone...
so I was 5 days overdue for my period last time when I got a bfn I'm now 11 days overdue and have some serious increase in cm, really seedy/nauseous yesterday and I can feel it starting to bubble this morning, and a lot of other symptoms.
will be testing tomorrow morning which will make me nearly 2 weeks overdue if that comes back negative then I'm going to the doctor.

how's everyone else going?

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo