Community post

Question

Does this ultrasound pic look normal?

I miscarried my last pregnancy - and this is my first ultrasound pic from it. I was 6w6d and baby measured on track and had heartbeat of 127. I went for checkup at 10 weeks and baby was measuring 8.5 weeks w/no heartbeat.

My question is - everyone else's pics I see they have a circular sac/uterus pic that the baby is in - is the shape of mine not normal? I would assume if it wasn't my doctor would've said something to me, but I don't think I've ever seen someone else's u/s pic look like this and I'm concerned maybe there's something wrong with my uterus or something else??

user submitted image

9 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Im so sorry for your loss ..im a nurse and this is from my experience a very normal looking uterus is it retrovert (as in positioned towards your back)do you know ?..the shape of the uterus varies from woman to woman and also in us the images vary due to size of bladder if its full or not ..but it doesnt look irregular to me xxx how are you feeling following your loss x

6 years ago

Forgot to add ..the uterus may have continued to grow even when the baby stopped growing (trying to explain without using to many fancy words ) ..its not uncommon to see large area of fluid around miscarried babies as often the placenta is still producing hormones xx is this your first angel baby ? You can pm me if youd like

6 years ago

Mememe32 - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You have def eased my mind a bit regarding the shape of my pic. No one ever told me my uterus is retrovert... that's the first I've heard of that, but when I'm pregnant one of my first symptoms is slight lower back pain - pretty constant most days (I also have a metal rod in my back from having scoliosis - I've had it for over 20 years).

I'm pregnant again now - my 3rd pregnancy, BUT my 2nd line on tests is SOOOO LIGHT I can barely see it, I'm hoping it's just really early in pregnancy and line will darken. I had a MMC in May 2015 at 6.5 weeks and then another one in Dec 2017 at 10 weeks... hoping and PRAYING this baby makes it all the way, is healthy and we get to take her/him home!

6 years ago • Edited • Post starter

@BB2018 As someone who has also had heavenly babies, I will say keep being hopeful, every pregnancy is different and think this one is very viable. Praying nothing but smooth sailing and wishing you all the best

6 years ago

Thank you @Ade386. I just took another FRER early result and the second line is still there but doesn't look darker than it did 2 days ago... I'm stressing. Trying not to, but I can't help it.

6 years ago • Post starter

My uterus looks different in every ultrasound I've had, sometime it's a circle, sometimes it's more kidney bean shaped... I think it depends on the angle and all sorts. Good luck! My first pregnancy was a chemical pregnancy so I've got my fingers crossed for you. Perhaps you've just drank a lot of water for the second test and diluted your urine. Fingers crossed, good luck!

6 years ago

@BB2018 - I’m sorry sorry that happened. I couldn’t imagine. But, I will say my 1st ultrasound was like that. I thought the same thing, but all was good. Don’t worry!

for I created you in your mother’s womb.

6 years ago

Sometimes hcg doubles every 72 not 48hrs and lots of things can affect the strength of the second line ..if your really early and drink 2ltr of water and test an hour later it may be neg but if you drink 2ltr and test 6 hrs later could be positive ..the time from implant to bfp can be 6-8 days to even show on FRER ..im keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy 9months for you xx keep us updated x hope this eases your mind

6 years ago

I had blood test done at my doctors yesterday - I posted above - my doctor called me late yesterday and said my results are negative :( so sad. I really thought this was our month! I felt like I had implantation last Saturday the 24th and my bbs were so sore - even walking down stairs/driving over potholes, I was exhausted (still am), lower slight backache, so many things I felt/feel... I guess it was all just in my head. My dr said there is a slight chance I could be, but most likely not and if I still don't have my period by Monday to test again. He also said he's going to test some of my other hormone levels with my blood sample from yesterday and if anything looks off he's going to call me by Monday. I feel deflated. Those positive tests really got my hopes up... 3 of them had second lines come up within 2-3 minutes. One of my coworkers was even with me on Wednesday when I took one and saw it and said oh yeah, you're def pregnant... I didn't even bother taking a test today and I won't unless I still don't have period come Monday which I'm guessing it's going to show up before then. Maybe the symptoms I'm feeling are AF symptoms and not pg symptoms... I'm just so sad. I would love to see how your positive tests you took look now to compare to these that I took... on 2/23 there was super faint 2nd line and 2/26 it was darker, but then yesterday I didn't really see a line... do you think I had a CP or that I wasn't pregnant to begin with and it was either faulty tests or just in my head?

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo