Community post

Discussion

5 weeks pregnant and bleeding

Please someone tell me this has happened to them and they have had a healthy pregnancy. My mum said she bled with one or two of hers and we are all fine but this is my third baby and I've never bled and I'm trying to stay calm but feeling like crap. Called the hospital and they told me to watch out for certain things, I've had a bit of pinching pain but it's not abnormal for me to have a bit of pain when pregnant. And of all things I'm on holiday in the uk as I live in France. I got my possitive at what was supposed to be 8dpo on feb 13th and it was dark. What makes things worse is that I only took one test and we haven't been for an appointment yet and cause my husband doesn't understand things like this he asked me if I was sure I wasn't just on my period and maybe I was wrong. Swear to god I wanted to smack him or cry but I know he doesn't mean to be so insensitive.

Just feeling a bit scared and need some encouragement

UPDATE   Heamatoma! Baby is fine, higher risk till 13 weeks.

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

@Moonbaby15. I am truely sorry you are going through this and some men just don't understand how us woman work and that they should carry our babies so they know exactly what we go through. Have you tried taking another test to see what the lines are at? I really hope that it isn't serious and that things will settle down. Is it brown blood as that would be old blood. Do you have your appointment booked to see the doctor or hae an ultrasound. Try to stay calm and relaxed, I know its easier said than done.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

My appointment is on the 6th, I get back from the uk in the 3rd. The blood is red but it's watery, no clots and although it seemed a lot when I got out of bed I've put a pad in since and it's only a small amount but constant. Here's what my underwear looked like when I got out of bed after an half an hour nap.

user submitted image

6 years ago • Post starter

Then this was just a minute ago after wearing my bad for about half an hour

user submitted image

6 years ago • Post starter

Wow! Your appointment is so far away. I hope that things settle down for you till you have your appointment and they can look things over. I've never seen anything like that before. I think as long as there is no clots you should be okay. Hopefully someone on here who has enough experience with this can help you.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

So! I had a hematoma and when I laid down for a length of time and then stood up I had a gush of blood that filled a pad. I had more than spotting but not quite a flow for the first ten weeks of pregnancy. It was watery most of the time but sometimes it would be mixed with mucus. I had a bit of cramping but then had none, I would take it easy if you can, go on Pelvic Rest and drink plenty of water. Good Luck, I hope it calms down.

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo