Community post

Discussion

Testing early

Just wanted to share with you all my new way of thinking after 2 chemicals in two consecutive months. I know everyone says ‘what will be will be’ and ‘stop thinking about it and it will happen’ but as I’m sure we all know it’s not that easy. I have two beautiful girls but neither were planned. But I just knew both times I was pregnant. Way before af was due. So now I’m actively trying I figured it would be a doddle. I had the same feeling and symptoms both times and tested early both a week or so before af was due. Both times my faint bfp’s didn’t get any darker and I’ve suffered two chemicals in as many months. It’s broke me to be honest. But In hindsight I shouldn’t have tested so early. So I’ve vowed not to test before af is due in hope that I won’t have to go through this again as I honestly believe that peeing on sticks every 5 mins caused me too much stress. Feeling positive for next time. Baby dust to all xxx

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi there. Mind if I give my story? I believe I had two miscarriages but don't wantbto admit. My hubby and I have been trying for 8 months. Tried a whole bunch of things to help; nothing worked. There were probably months in that 8 month period where I thought for sure I was pregnant (never tested) but always seem to spot before AF showed. Which I never used to before I had my daughter. I have all my tests posted on here. The previous cycle I tested at 9dpo which would be normal for implantation. Got a faint positive then started spotting then AF came on schedual. MC? Hard to say. I took a chance and bought progesterone cream and bought 4(x2)boxes of First Response 6 days sooner and one digital and vowed to test everyday 6 days before AF. Got a faint positive at 8dpo and things progressed from there leading up to expected AF. I was worried that if I tested late again that I would miss it and have to wait again. Still using the progesterone cream and will for a little while longer until its safe to stop.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Hi dragonfly thank you so much for replying. I’d not heard of progesterone cream until now. But will definitely be trying it! Which one do you use and how do you use it? (Sorry if that’s a really silly question). Congratulations on your pregnancy I’ve ordered a bbt themometer too to see if charting helps. I’m feeling super positive about this month now just need the witch to bugger off now

6 years ago • Post starter

I bought the Emerita Pro-gest cream off Amazon. Only take Progesterone cream if you spot before AF, low basal temp after ovulation. Check this link out and then you can go from there. http://natural-fertility-info.com/progesterone-fertility-guide

You start taking the cream after you ovulate because if you take it to soon it will delay ovulation. I put about 1/4 cream on twice a day (morning/bed). You can put it on your neck, inner arms, behind the knees, soles of the feet (if not caliced), chest above boobs. If I would have known my progesterone was low I would have bought it sooner but I procrastinated and just decided to take a chance with it. Once you start taking it, you will have to continue to take it till either AF shows then stop but if you get pregnant you will have to continue taking it as it might put the body in shock and your levels will drop and that could result in a early miscarriage. If you want to take the guess work about how much to take, I noticed that they sell single serve packs of 48 which will be good for 24 days. I started using the 4oz cream after Jan 22 and just have about half a tube left so I will have to order more soon. Hope this helps. Temping is good but don't let it stress you out like it did mine and I don't do cervix checks as that stressed me out too. I used OPKs and Pre-seed. Feel free to message me anytime.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you so much that’s a massive help and I will definitely keep you posted

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo