Community post

Question

Twins?

Has anyone had twins who can comment on this. I had implantation bleeding at 6dpo and read you should wait two to three days for HcG levels to be detectable after IB. Two days later my husband brings home a test and I couldn't be bothered waiting till morning so I went to the loo and the test was strong positive. Since then I've been STARVING like I'm in the middle of a meal and I'm still hungry... Like getting up over and over to go to the kitchen.... Cause even though I just ate I feel the pit of my stomach aching. I'm so tired too, I mean I've had to cut the cola cause my last pregnancy I was close to gestational diabetes so maybe it's lack of caffeine but I don't ever remember feeling this pregnant this early.... My period was due Valentine's Day and I'm already feeling all the hormones.

Got my first ultrasound 6th of March but seriously curious about this.

user submitted image

9 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Hi there. I am curious myself as there is twins in my family. The picture is from a lady who is also pregnant but unsure if she is having twins. When I had blood drawn at 14dpo it was just over 500. I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday. When is you expected due date?

user submitted image

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Ooo that's interesting. I've always just used urine tests so I wouldn't know about my numbers. I'm due 25th of October according to my average cycle. Since I had my daughter I've only had two cycles and both were 34 days exactly but before that my son was conceived a week later than expected and my daughter a week earlier.

What symptoms have you had so far?

6 years ago • Post starter

Hey. The chart is when blood is drawn to check HCG numbers. I remember when I climbed out of bed one morning before I started testing and felt a large lump sitting up which I thought was weird. I'm also have left and right pinching which is also weird. With my first pregnancy, I couldn't lay on my stomach for yhe life of me as it hurt and that was really weird as I sleep on my stomach all the time. Also had tons of cramping and thought AF would show any minute but nothing. Other than that, I actually don't have many symptoms. I know that I get winded and out of breath really easily and heart pounds a lot. Having some cramping and nipples are starting to get sore and red. My estimated due date is October 14. You should come join the October group or not just cycle buddies as the one girl is a twin and I think another girl had twins.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Oh ok, might just do that. I've been breathless a bit too, nothing particular sets it off I can just be sitting on the couch and feel like I'm having trouble breathing and have to sit up straight... And i don't pee often usually... I think I pee like 3 times a day usually but since I've been pregnant it's a lot more than that I when I need to go I feel so bloated... It's weird..l I seriously don't remember this wepith either of mine

I also forgot to mention that I had the super chills and my nose was running a lot and I am not sick. I hear you with the breathing. Always having to take deep breaths before I have to do anything. I don't actually pee a lot either.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Hi I had twins in 7th December 2016. When I conceived them I had implantation spotting twice 4 dpo then 6dpo then a faint Bfp at 8dpo a stronger one at 11 dpo and by 18 dpo it was very very dark Bfp.
I felt tired exhausted to be truthful and this was half hour after a full night's sleep.
I'd eat in the middle of the night, in between meals.
Good luck
Twins are so much fun and such a blessing.

User image

6 years ago

Thanks, that's maternal twins isn't it. Could be paternal although I have noted spotting on 6dpo and again on 8dpo but with my daughter I was spotting for a week so thought nothing of it.... Who knows! Not sure my other half would be pleased but I wouldn't mind

I am expecting twins, They are Fraternal which means 2 eggs, 2 sperms, 2 completely separate babies. They are basically siblings born at the same time so to speak. Anyway, I knew it was twins because we transferred two eggs and had a gut instinct at the time of transfer that it was twins. My HCG at 14DPO was 386, it was 122 with my son. 16DPO it was 895. Every woman is affected by HCG differently so levels really won't mean much. Only way to know if it's twins is an ultrasound. I will also say I had no symptoms for my son or these twins. I won't really know I was pregnant at first other than the pregnancy tests and then we did an ultrasound at 5w1d and confirmed my assumptions. I had implantation bleeding with my son at 9dp2dt(11dpo) but nothing with these twins.

User image

6 years ago

Had my first ultrasound today and I'm at 6w 2 days withONE strong heartbeat . Thought for sure it was twins but I amhappy with even one.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo