Community post

Question

Really need opinions

I am 22 and have been on nexplanon for over 2 years and have had regular periods for the past 1.5 years on it. My cycles last roughly 42-45 days. My last one was October 7. I have had sore boobs, headaches, food aversion, fatigue, and frequent urination. I assumed it was my body just acting pregnant because I had been thinking about it. I have taken 2 tests. One was negative the other had a line but I think it was an evap. They were taken January 27th. Attached is a pic of the second test. Is there any chance that I really am pregnant? Or am I just losing my mind?

user submitted image

3 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If your still thinking about it take another test. If your not menstrating and not pregnant it might be worth a trip to your Gyno just to get your ok. my sister has very irregular periods and she has PCOS and my best friend had very short periods and found out she was Anemic. Maybe your food aversion has meant your not getting enough iron or nutrition for your endometrial wall to thicken properly. I'm just speculating, I'm not a doctor but maybe one can help shed some light.

Side note: I don't know if you've ever seen the program "I didn't know I was pregnant" but on a few episodes the women say that they took tests that came back negative and then months later they have their baby. I read a bit about false negatives and something called the hook effect. From what I can gather, more dilute urine could help so don't use your Fmu. Then I'd go see a doctor or Gyno and get checked over.

6 years ago

I went to the gyno Monday afternoon and they did a urine test and said it was negative. Then they did a routine check-up down there and I'll get my results in a week so hopefully everything's all good. I am having the nexplanon removed and switching to the pill because of the situation I'm in now and the side effects I've had throughout having nexplanon. I do still feel pregnant but every test but that one in the picture has been negative. Maybe it's all in my head.

6 years ago • Post starter

HiVictoria, good to know you got some answers. Good decision to see the doctor and get their view. All the best!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo